? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What's In and What's Out for 2008!


It's that time of year that we must turn to the know-whos of the media to find out what we should continue to partake in and what must go or hence we're deemed "dorks." A few I found from the Washington Post:


Out:-Brittany Spears
In: -That horrible Amy Winehouse

Out: -Sex
In: -Naps (I'm on board with this one :)

Out: -OMG look at Dad's Jeans!
IN: -OMG look at my Dad's my space page!

Out:-Getting an IPhone
In: -Anticipating a New Google Phone (I'm intrigued)

Out: -Bubbly
In: -Tap
Out: -Guitar Hero III :( not yet
In: -Rock Band

Out: -Miss Manners
In: -Ask a Mexican!!
So for Inspiration for the New Year, I thought I'd make a Triathlon Version one just for the hell of it!


Out: -regular helmet
In: -Aero sperm looking helmet so you can at least
look like you know what you're doing!

Out: -Boring Black Swim Suits
In: -Fun and Cool Splish Suits (As I told my coach, I
may be stuck in the slow lane, but at least I'll be cute WAY over there! :)

Out: -Running Flats
In: -Running Hills

Out: -Going Sockless
In: - Comprehsion Knee Socks

Out: -Training Alone
In: -Finding someone in your hr zone to train with!

Out: -Racing Solo
In: -Making it a family affair Team "So and So" Shirt
included!

Out: -Nutrient Deficient Food
In: -Nutrient Enriched Food (At least for me :)

Out: -Diet Coke as a recovery drink
In: -Water and Protein shake FIRST then Diet Coke :)

Out: -Squeezing in workouts
In: -Early morning workouts for less Dora more IPOD

Out: -Taking racing advice from non-triathletes
In: -Running new racing strategies by Coach first BEFORE race day!

This is what I've come up with so far! Feel free to add your own if you like!
Best of Luck to all you racers in 2008!
K :)



2 comments:

BreeWee said...

Oh those are just too funny! Yeah, the sperm helmet I have yet to buy and don't foresee EVER buying! Shoot- Chrissie Wellington didn't wear one and she still kicks booty!

Pedergraham said...

Does less Dora and more IPOD mean work outs before your kids get up, rather than having to watch their TV shows while on the trainer/treadmill? If so, I'm all in favor of that! I was so desperate one day last summer to avoid a "kiddie movie" and didn't have a sitter, so I put my bike and trainer in the backyard, filled up the kiddie pool with water and toys and let my daughter splash around while I rocked out to my music. I'm sure the neighbors think I am a real wacko! Hope your little one has recovered from the ER visit. And you, too. Asthma must be really scary for a parent...