? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Murphy's Law :)


Considering that I've yet again been sick all week... I was looking forward to my weekend of getting back into my routine. I did my swim, bike, and run last Saturday but then had to take Sunday-Wed. off. Thur. I did a 1 hour ride on my trainer nice and easy and then hopping off my trainer over extended my knee which then kept me from running on Friday. I grew up in ballet and gymnastics and tore my ACL back in high school in my right knee doing back handsprings. It's one of those things that will always pester me!


So I did make it to a local aquatic center for a swim on Friday, but did the right thing in "listening to my body" and giving that right leg another day of recovery, some good massage, and ice yesterday so once again... I could be READY FOR THE WEEKEND!!


Last night I got all of my clothes packed up, set my bike and trainer by the door, and set my alarm for 6am to get up and make it to the 7am swim practice. I got to bed later than I would have liked, so this morning when the alarm went off at 6, I wasn't ready to get up! It was dark and quiet in the house and my electric blanket was on and I was EXTREMELY cozy! :)


However, I was also gunning to get "back on the horse" and so reminded myself of that point and crawled out of bed. I put on my swim suit and then layered up for the fact that it was like 20 some odd degrees this morning! I carried my LOADS of stuff downstairs and trying to be as quiet as possible packed my breakfast and lunch. Then carried my even more LOADS of stuff and shoved it all into my car, bike included.


Anytime Adam or I leave before the kids are up, we always unhook the garage door in hopes that the motor won't wake the kids. Well this morning just the rolling the garage door up awakened Cooper. So when I hopped back out of my car outside of my garage to re shut it, I hear Cooper standing on my front door step in the dark and freezing cold crying! :)


I turned my car off and took him back inside. Then spent 15 min getting him his pillow and blanket for the couch and getting the t.v turned onto whatever he wanted to watch (which changed 4 times!!) Plus, he's going through this phase right now where he doesn't like for me to leave. He's fine when I'm gone, but the actual leaving process takes FOREVER! It's sweet, but time consuming as we go through numerous kisses, high-fives, knuckles, and explanations of what I'm doing and when I'll be back!


After ALL of that rigmarole.... I hop in my car FINALLY ready to begin my day of training focus only to remember that swim practice was CANCELLED this morning!!!!! AND the other aquatic center I use to swim on my own was closed this morning as well, both for swim meets!


I was like, "CRAP!" So... here I am, at a local coffee shop that I decided to park it and read up on all of my blogs and figured it would be a good opportunity to get a little studying in. Not TOO much of a loss because I've still got my bike , trainer, and running shoes with me so when the rest of the world wakes up I can meet up with my partner to get my bike and run in. :)


I'm beginning to wonder if the world is trying to KEEP me from working out??? :)

I guess I'll just have to keep on trying!


Until next time...

K :)

1 comments:

Wes said...

Blech! I haven't gradiated to the early morning workouts yet, but I'm pretty sure my for profit swim center is open for regularly scheduled hours. I guess I get what I pay for. :-)

You little one is so cute. I can understand that feeling. My youngest was so timid about being anywhere in the house by himself. Now that he is a budding teenager, its hard to get him OUT of the house. LOL!!!

I'd be interesting in swimming with you guys sometime after the marathon next week. I have this "streak" thing I'm supposed to be doing!! It does involve clothes on though!