? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Results and Conclusions!!


Final Tally: 9088!!


Not too bad! Especially considering 1) I forgot to put it on as soon as I got up, so I had about an hour of my day not count. 2) Adam's pedometer requires that you walk 7 consecutive steps before it will begin counting. Doing this so that it wouldn't count non-steps, but that seems like A LOT of missed steps too. So I could walk from say the table to pick something off of the counter top and take 6 steps and those would NOT count towards my total.


So all in all, I'm guessing I probably did hit the 10,000 mark and that did NOT include the 5 mile run I did today.


Here's the thing though, 10,000 is A LOT of walking. Though I had what would be a pretty typical day, it does seem that I've been on my feet ALL day. I'm not really sure if that's more because I've been paying attention to it or what, but I'm tired :) !! And that might be because 10000 steps is roughly 5 miles!! So I did 10 total today and it feels like it!


So, I'm honestly thinking that 10000 is a little high. Great goal and for us busy movers and shakers we probably get pretty close to that. But to walk 10000 miles everyday + train for Ironman, whew!! a little much!


Good thing tomorrow's my day off :)


Until next time...

K

4 comments:

mike said...

10000 miles would be a lot of walking...

Wes said...

I bought one of those cheapo pedometers at Walmart to count my steps. I was pretty much on my feet for hours at the restaurant, and I wanted to see how many steps I was taking. After one day of wearing it, I was a little suspicious of the numbers, so I tested it and promptly threw the POS in the garbage! LOL.

Polar just came out with a watch that uses a pedometer to calculate your run distance, as did Tech4o and Garmin. Cheaper than a GPS and based on the same principles as Nike's iPod.

Since I'm a tech geek, I'll probably pick one up one of these days.

Ryan said...

Talking about 10000 of anything makes me need a nap. My goal for this year is to sit on my couch at least 10,000 times. Lazy you say? Pffft, I prefer to think of it as resting in the middle of squat reps, I like that kind of training. Now what are you still doing reading? Shouldn't you be walking!

Pedergraham said...

Kellye:
My mother-in-law was a clinical professor of nursing and she wore her pedometer on the days she ran a 12 hour clinical shift at the hospital. With 14 students to monitor over 3 floors, it still took her almost the entire 12 hours to get her 10,000 steps in. That's a lotta being on your feet! I am looking forward to seeing how your spending goes. Way to challenge yourself!!!
-Danielle