? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Moving, Royal Straights, and VO2 max....


This is the first time this weekend that I've really had an opportunity to sit down!!


Friday began with an early morning swim practice, followed by a 2 hour observation of Personal Training at the gym, a 40 min base run, several games of an abbreviated version of The Simpsons Chess Game, and then a brutal session at the Physical Therapist! I rolled myself into bed pretty much as soon as I got home :)


Saturday then started with an early alarm where I had to rally the troops and head down for a long drive to Franklin to help my sister move. It was on my schedule to swim, but my shoulder is still trying to recover so I decided to give it one more day after all of that Physical Therapy the night before. Didn't get my ride in either as there just wasn't enough time in the day. And I was sooo excited for my sister because this was her and her families first house purchase!! She was very excited, yet very nervous all week about all of that financial hulla-ballou that takes place. All that stuff sucks so bad! But she made it through and I wanted to be sure to be there to celebrate!


It worked out for me and Adam as well because there was a poker game on our street last night that we needed a "Free" babysitter for :), and my niece Katherine agreed to come home with us to watch over Cooper and Gracie! It's been awhile since I've played poker, so I wasn't expecting anything major. It ended up being a pretty decent night as I came in 3rd in the first game and got my buy-in money back and then came in 4th in the 2nd game, which was 1 place away from the money!! My own husband took me out! So all and all, Adam and I left collectively up $10, which by the way... he let me keep!! So that's $10 to add to my month!! Whoo-Hoo!!


Finally made it home and in bed at 1am! I haven't been to bed that late in I don't know.


Today I'm excited because I'm getting my VO2 max re-tested. So, I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself from drinking caffeine this morning, and now it's 11:30 and no more food until after the test! I am honestly not expecting it to even be as high as last year simply because endurance racing doesn't really focus on your VO2 max. It's more about building your aerobic engine, which is what all of last year was about, so today is all about re-checking my zones to get me geared up for another year of training!!


BTW: I am bringing a friend to test with me as well, so my test is only $100 instead of the $125!! That means an extra $25 in my account for this month. So I'm like LOADED now!!


I'll check back in and let you know how it goes today. Back to workouts right after the test!!


Until then...

K :)

0 comments: