? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Perfect Snow!

Living in Georgia means not much snow. I have several memories of playing in the snow throughout growing up, but the only "major" snow we've ever had that I can remember was in 1993 when we were snowed in for 5 days!!Since then, I think we had some accumulation in 2000 and a tiny bit in 2002 and 2004. That means that the only snow my children have ever seen is when Cooper was 9 months old, and I'm guessing that doesn't really count!


It's funny how it works out with the weather around here, because they'll start predicting snow several days in advance. Everyone will get excited and start talking about missing school and work. Last night, I ran into the grocery store to pick up some firewood and noticed that just about ALL of the bread was gone!! I think that's so funny! :)

So when it started snowing last night as the kids and I were leaving the gym, they were SUPER excited! They were running around and it was this whole new experience! Still at this point, I'm not really knowing what to expect as far as accumulation is concerned. By the time we got home, our yard was white. After dinner, there was a good inch or so out in our backyard. Gracie wanted to touch it, and then so did Cooper, so before I knew it, we were bundled up outside playing in the snow. I've never even done that at night before like that. My first reaction was to wait and play in the morning, but then I was like, "What the heck. Let's go have some fun!"


And, it was SOOOO much fun!! And I'm so glad that we did it because overnight, the snow turned to rain and this morning the kids were wanting to know where all the snow went!

Though I can't remember a ton about playing in the snow as a child, I have to say, I had one of the most fun times last night playing outside with the kids. They were so cute, and thought is was so amazing. Imagine, seeing and experiencing snow for the first time like that!

We threw snowballs, slid down the hill, and even made a "healthy" snowman with a carrot nose, broccoli eyes and a cantaloupe mouth!! :)

Yes, if you're from up north and you're reading this, I'm sure you are laughing at us for getting so excited over what we got, but around here you just have to appreciate the small things and amounts for that purpose!!
(Rocky's not a big snow fan!)

So, even though the snow is gone, there was no school today. And to Jenni (my sister), I'm so sorry that you and your kids didn't get off from school!! I know how much you wanted it.

Jenni LOVES snow days like no one else I know. Probably because its an unexpected break from having to get 4 kids ready for school. So anytime snow comes up, I always call her because I know she is desperately wishing for it to be so. I called her last night and as soon as she answered the phone, she said, "If you're calling to tell me how much snow you're getting, I don't want to hear it, so just hang up right now!" :) I live a little farther north than her and so it tends to work out that way. I've been laughing at her for that since!

So, I'll hope for you next time Jenni!

And for those of you in the area off today, enjoy your SNOW DAY!!
K :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

Ha...I am right on with your sister with having 4 kids...BUT so OPPOSITE on wanting a snow day...that means I am stuck home with ALL of the kids...I love them...but they do drive me NUTS :) So YEAH for school!!!

Love the photo's

Melissa :)

Pedergraham said...

Kellye:
Well, I won't make tease you for getting a lot excited about some (notice I didn't say "a little") snow. I think it is so awesome that you all "seized the moment" and played outside in the dark. I think the best lesson my daughter has to offer me is to be more fun and spontaneous..and I need to be a better student.

BreeWee said...

What the heck- let's go play in the snow now!!! LOVE it... that's right, being a good mom... if you waited till morning you might miss it!