? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend of Date Nights, Movies, Piercings and More!

This weekend has been so busy for us, that I have barely had time to check my email! So here's what we did in as small as a nutshell that I can put it! :)


Thursday afternoon, I picked up my great-nephew (yes, I said great-nephew! Sometimes things don't always go as planned, but work out ok in the end :) to babysit for Thursday night. He's the cutie to the left all zonked from watching Ironman Florida all day passed out on the couch in an Ironman onesie!! He is certainly an Ironman in my eyes :)

So, I come from a big family, and the fact that I ONLY have 2 kids is actually different. I had always planned on 3, and haven't ruled it out 100%, BUT, I can say that I'm 99.999% sure! And every time I babysit another infant, I think I can add another 9 to that figure! I LOVE babies, and they themselves aren't that bad. But my 2 are CRAZY enough for any sane human being and adding to that is NOT a good idea :) I haven't totally closed off the notion entirely, because life can take twists and turns that we never expect sometimes, but as for now, I'm pretty happy with the pair I have.

Sorry for the tangent, just saying all of that to reconfirm that things were "busy" on Thursday night and Friday!

Friday I had infant in tow while dropping off the kids and did NOT go to swim practice as to try to keep my marriage together rather than leaving at 5am Adam with 3 children, all of which are prone to wake up at any moment!

However, Adam was kind enough to watch Baby Klay while I went to the aquatic center to swim AND even put him in the car to go pick up Cooper and Gracie from school so that I could get my run in before Physical Therapy. Of course he was tired and therefore screamed the entire time in the car... I got to hear about THAT upon their arrival... oops! :)

By 2pm, I was finished with my training, and clean again and Lauren, my niece and Klay's mother had arrived at our house for the weekend. I went to PT and then Adam and I went out for a "Date Night!" Whew... this is what happens when you're married for almost 10 years and have 2 small kids! :)

Went to see Juno, and I LOVED it. Quirky movies are my thing, and this one was just that. Got home at the extreme late hour of 10:30!! In all seriousness, THAT is my definition of a great date!!
Saturday was spent training for the first part of the day. Two hours on the trainer... can be mind boggling. Fortunately, I recruited a partner to trainer up with me and watch a movie to make the time go by better. That was followed by a 30 min brick, and then to the showers to head out with Lauren... per the agreement that she'd babysit Friday night if Adam would babysit Sat. evening so we could go out. Her and I have been wanting to go Indoor Rock Climbing! She's done it before... I have not. Now, just so you know, I told her beforehand that that would be considered "Kellye" money, and I had none! She insisted to pay for my climbing because she wanted to go so bad, so I agreed. She actually owed me some money, so I figured we could call it even!

We went to a local place to try it out, but it's one of those things that you have to plan for in advance apparently that is if you don't know how to baley. So instead of spending the money then on a sub-par experience, we decided to wait and take a class in the next few weeks so that we can learn and then climb whenever we want to!

So here is an idea of what happened next...
Lauren: "What should we do now?"
Me: "I don't really care. We could go to the mall if you wanted to?"
Lauren: (Who is 18 BTW) "No... Let's do something FUN! Something spontaneous!"
Me: "O..K.. What exactly would that be???"
Lauren: "Let's go get something pierced!!"
Me: "Um... I'm sorry...???"
Lauren: "Oh Come On Kellye... Don't be a stick-in-the-mud! You're acting 30!"
Me: "I AM about to be 30 You know!"
Lauren: "Oh P..L..E...A...S...E!! It will be so much fun!"
Me: "I'm not getting something PIERCED just for the sake of it. And I WON'T do something CRAZY either! We'll drive down there and if you want to get it done, that's ok, if I see something we'll see." (With no real expectation of doing anything!)

We go to this place called Sacred Heart, which is a really cool tattoo parlor in a place in midtown Atlanta called Lil' Five Points. I've been there before to get a little flower tattoo I have on my ankle and they're VERY clean and professional... surprisingly!

Ok.. Are you ready for this.............

I got my ear pierced........ I know... I know... Not the usual kind. I have my ears pierced normally from when I was a child. However, she somehow in the coolness of the place and the spontaneous vibe we had going on, talked me into getting the tracus part of my ear pierced. I figured, ok... if it looks totally retarded I can easily take it out. What the hell, right??

She went first, and she's a bit of a baby when it comes to things like this. She handled it actually pretty well for how she normally does these types of things. Oddly for me, I swear to you that it didn't hurt at all. At least not at the time. It's sore now, but really only if I think about it. I know it's silly :) but I do kind of think it's cute. Just a little tiny stud. No harm no foul... I guess...
(NOT me!! :) I mean...are you ok with this??? His piercings BTW... SELF inflicted!! I will pray harder tonight for my children :)

Adam wasn't too surprised. He did say however that every time I get around either my niece or her mother, my sister, we end up with piercings or tattoos!! I will need to monitor this more closely as I do approach the wonder years! Ha, ha, ha!!

Saturday was finished off with some of my favorite buffalo chicken pizza from Rocky Mt. Pizza company near GA Tech and a rented movie Life as a House. It's not new. I think it's a few years old. But Adam and I hadn't seen it, and we'd heard such great things. Let me just say... BOO HOOED!!! Big time. I am admittedly a movie cryer. But this movie was sooo good and I just bawled my eyes out!
Sunday was a nice morning at home followed by this special RPM class at the gym that everyone got together for. It was lots of fun, and it counted for my 2 hour ride I was supposed to do. Ended up being a bit more of a push than planned, so a nice bath is on tap for later this evening! :)

Somehow, after all of this craziness, I found myself sitting at the table for a healthy dinner with my husband and kids in a relatively clean house and everyone was eating and not yelling or fighting or anything. I was like... how did this happen! I mention it because it's THAT rare these days! I even now am enjoying a peaceful moment to FINALLY update my blog because my kiddos are upstairs watching a movie in the "baby cage"... that's what they call the playpen that Baby Klay sleeps in while he's here! :)

Next week... hopefully a little slower. I HAVE GOT to finish my studying!!

Until then... thanks for keeping up with me!!
K :)

5 comments:

kerrie said...

that sounds like great fun and a nice couple of days!
where are the pics of your new earring? :)

Mel said...

You rebel..you got your ear pierced :) I hear in that certain spot..it DOES hurt, because of the cartilage..so you must be tough!! What a fun/relaxing weekend for you, We need those from time to time.......

Wes said...

Wow! What a busy weekend. As a parent of three kids, married 18 years, and no living relatives in town, I know exactly how important date nights are :-)

I've really learned a lot from this post. If I'm ever out doing anything with you, and things don't go as planned, I need to skeedadle on outta there :-)

Marit C-L said...

Way to go with the piercing thing. Lots of fun - sounds like you had a great, fun, adventure-filled weekend...! We ALL need those from time to time. Post a picture! :)

Pedergraham said...

I am tired just from reading about your weekend! Yes, please posts pic!
-Danielle