? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I WILL NOT Become My Mother! :)

I think a lot of people may joke about this :) Honestly, I must say that my mother is an amazing person! There are a TON of things about her that I would LOVE to be described as! She is one of the most thoughtful and caring people I've ever known. She has genuine concern for others, and she really does put everyone else's needs first. She actually has a reputation for letting people run over her because she always sees the good in people and won't even realize when it is happening! My sister and I have to be the ones to step in and tell her to tell those people......!


BUT...
:)

Like everyone, she has her quirks! She's a little coocoo sometimes. Adam says it's where I get it from! :)

Well one of her "issues" is magazines! TONS and TONS of magazines!! She has so many magazines that you could read for years and never leave her house! When we moved from our house in Franklin, Georgia back to Atlanta we found a magazine in one of the MANY piles from 1969!! It was hilarious!! There were articles in it all about how to make your husband feel more comfortable when he comes home from "a long day at work!" How you should greet him at the door with a smile and how you should not talk to him about any "issues" until he's had a chance to relax in his chair with his slippers! WHAT??!! :)


And don't think like my Dad that you could ever get rid of any of them! Heaven forbid you ever threw any of them away. You would think that there was no way that she would ever know. She would ALWAYS realize it and be upset because it had such and such article in it that she wanted to read!

So the deal is that I too have inherited the magazine gene! I LOVE them as well. From Triathlete to Parents, Fitness, Runner's World, Self, and yes... even People, I read them all! I'm so busy during the day I never have time to read. So at night, in the ten minutes that I lay down before falling asleep, I tend to read magazines more because it's easier. It's not a full chapter dedication in a book, and I'm one of those that can't read a book and just stop anywhere! :)

The problem is life gets the best of us and I end up "collecting" them as she did. I DO NOT WANT PILES OF MAGAZINES ALL OVER MY HOUSE!! I swore as did my sister that we would NOT do that! :)

Well, it occurred to me the other day that I'm beginning quite a collection and hadn't even realized it! I've even recently thrown A BUNCH away. Those that had collected in all of my Ironman training that I never got around to and I figured all of that "current" information had all been updated by now :)
(*They are about to blow out the Rack!!)

The magazines you see here in all of these pictures are ones that I KEPT because I couldn't part with them. What's the likelihood that I'll actually get around to reading these.?

I know one thing is for sure... I WILL THROW THEM AWAY before my kids start using the piles for furniture!

Happy Reading!
K :)
(*This is my "work" bag. Full of Triathlete magazines!)

2 comments:

BreeWee said...

This is so funny! Every time I read your blog I find a piece similar to my life (maybe because we are both wives, moms, and triathletes-crazy combination)...anyways, this post hit the spot! REALLY funny... Jim gets fired up when he sees a ton of magazines I have had for months that I keep telling him I WILL FINISH IT, I AM STILL READING IT! That's right, those men know not to toss them!

Pedergraham said...

Kellye--my dad is a pile-keeper, and I inherited the gene in a slight way, but much more controlled so your kids will be okay.