? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, January 21, 2008

Constant Reevaluation :)


I'm having one of those days where I just don't feel quite on track. Probably because today was my first planned day off in awhile. I've had several of late, but they've all been forced because of illness, and if I'm too sick to workout... well I feel crappy enough to not feel useless.


However, as much as I tell myself beforehand that I am going to embrace my day off, it often times makes me feel like a day of just being off!


For some reason, my nutrition is WORSE on my off days! I think it's because I go from routine to not being on a routine and it's almost like I'm sort of lost :)
So I reviewed a list of goals for the year that I had written right at the first of the year in an effort to remind myself what's important! I'm hoping that this will help put things back on track!

Tomorrow is however a pretty full day, so I should have my endorphin high going for me :)

And let's hope for the sake of my new briefs I'm supposed to wear this year that my nutrition gets back on track as well!! :)
Until Then...
K

4 comments:

kerrie said...

ooooh, do we get to see pics of the new race suit??? briefs!!??

Wes said...

You should join the Kindzia Challenge. Then, you wouldn't have to worry about a day off :-)

Thanks for the email. Over the next two weeks, I need to get my heart rate tests done for the bike and running. This weekend, I'm hoping to do the 8 mile TT (bike) at the Silver Comet Trail on Sunday, rain or shine. I'm pretty sure Dee Dee will come, so if you want to join us, let me know. I'll probably end up doing 25 miles in total or there abouts.

I definitely want to join you for the Saturday swim, but I'm not ready to have my butt kicked in the pool yet :-) and as far as running goes, I'm a little worried I'd be too slow for you. I know it may be silly, but you're a speedy peep :-)

Marit C-L said...

Great post - I think a lot of athletes can relate to the problematic nutrition on "off" days. Its easy to stay on track when you've got workouts, life, a hectic schedule to contend with. But those days where no workouts are scheduled... well, I think a lot of people let their nutrition go. And that's okay - as long as you realize what's going on, then you can take steps to alter your behavior. Then again, sitting back, with a good book eating Peanut M&Ms is pretty fun. BUT - like you said, racing in briefs my deter this habit. Relax and enjoy your day off!

Kellye Mills said...

Hey Wes!

Are you practicing this weekend for the Tundra Time Trial? I'm planning on doing that one this year as well for the first time. Unfortunately, I'm stuck indoors this Sunday doing a 2:30 bike ride!! Yes, my rear will not be happy. We're doing this special ride thing at the gym.

As far as swim or running... no worries on speed. We all have fun meeting in the beginning and end of sessions because no one is at the same level or HR for that matter! :)

And as far as these briefs go girls... I must say, I'm scared!! I need to drop a good 10 lbs for these suckers!! When I get them, I'll take a picture :)