? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, February 8, 2008

Training for Disney... in the Non-traditional Way!


So as of right now, my A race is the Florida 70.3 race which takes place at Disney in Orlando, Florida. That is the race that I did last year in order to get my spot into Ironman Florida. Worked out perfectly as last year in May, Cooper had just turned 4, Gracie was 3, and we took our first trip into the Wonderful World of Disney!

After our first 1/2 day in the park, we promptly visited Wally-world to get some umbrella strollers. Had no idea how badly we would need those things!!

Well considering I'm once again doing that race this year, and we're in the "prime" Disney years, we're making it a family vacation and will be spending several days with Mickey and Friends!

Today was a Beautiful day in Georgia! Sunny, and a high in the low 60's! So of course, we wanted to get outside and enjoy some sunshine! We took the kids and Rocky with their bikes for a walk in our neighborhood. Now in fairness, I will mention that my neighborhood is VERY hilly! So, we normally only take the pug for a stroll knowing that he has to tackle a decent hill in order to get home.

Well since his fitness level has waned some with the cold weather, we decided to keep it short and sweet. We started more towards the top of the hill to get everyone organized and together. (A walk with a 4 year old, 5 year old, and pug takes preparation!)

We went down one street which is downhill and then decided to turn around. Total distance... approximately maybe 4/10 of a mile. Gracie and Rocky were walking, and Cooper was riding a bike. Well once we decided to turn around and started heading up an incline (not too bad of a hill), everyone totally puckered out!!

Rocky kept parking it in people's yards to take a breather! Gracie was moving slowest of all and complaining of how tired she was and she just wanted to go home and watch, "T.B. aka television!" Cooper wouldn't ride the bike uphill!

Adam and I were laughing, and then Adam said that we were going to have to start them all on a training program for Disney! We're not completely expecting them to walk around the entire time. The strollers WILL be taken along with us, but come on... we can do better than that!

And it's not like my kids are totally lazy either. Immediately afterwards, we noticed several other kids playing in the street and they ran right along with them climbing all over the playset, etc...

However, when it comes to the walking, they just DON'T want to do it!!

So.. apparently I won't be the only one "Training" for Disney this year! We're going to start having regular walks to prep these little monsters to endure a little more than a quarter-mile downhill walk!!

Until Next Time...
K :)

8 comments:

mike said...

read it....

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like doing a little family vacation/race trip! We will be doing the same thing with our kids at 70.3 Disney race! My kids are already worried about the race taking "too long" and not getting to go on all the rides. I thought they'd be excited just to see me race but I guess Mickey Mouse is more important!

Wes said...

LOL! I think the kids have you and Adam well trained ;-) These are the glory years! You guys are some awesome to be creating such special memories for the kids. My boyz wouldn't do anything in Disney when they were that age but ride Dumbo! ROFL!!!

kerrie said...

oh, you are brave! i did the disney half 4 years ago and the park was a nightmare....we hated it but rain who was 6 at the time loved it :).

Mel said...

My husband did that race and we also took the whole family...it is a nice race and a good time...SO I will be cheering LOUD for you :)

BreeWee said...

Oh I agree, I think the little kiddies need to train for all that walking around, eating junk, the fast dizzy rides.... oh boy, good luck to your family "training" adventure!

Pedergraham said...

Definitely good on the walking. I was lucky that Lelia is such a peanut b/c when we went last February she could either walk holding my hands or ride on my shoulders so we could skip the stroller. My neck and shoulder muscles couldn't have managed with two kids, though, so I'm glad you are taking Adam along. (Andrew stayed home at the last minute due to work...)

Here's to Dumbo and It's a Small World and then Dumbo and It's a Small World again and again and again!!!

Steve Stenzel said...

I want to be in warm Georgia!!!