? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Diet Coke NIGHTMARE!!

JUST YESTERDAY... What did I say?? No sugary treats for 10 days!

Challenge in and of itself, right?

And honestly I was thinking, ok, no big deal. If I have a craving for something sweet, fruit or Diet Coke will take care of it for me!

I met with my coach this morning, and what does she tell me, "Kellye...You should really cut back on the Diet Coke."

Ok... this is the point where ALARMS are going off in my head!!

Is she telling me something I don't already know? NO

I KNOW that I drink WAY too much! I KNOW it most likely contributes to my little sugar addictions even though it doesn't contain sugar. I read somewhere that it decreases your taste buds ability to recognize when you've "over done it" in the sugar department.??

I KNOW it has caffeine, which in my defense, I've read isn't horrible in that stupid word...Moderation!!

Here's the problem. In talking to her about my heart rate and it's usual patterns, she asks me if I think I'm hydrating properly throughout the day. Ok... I'm not, and I know it. I am GREAT at drinking properly immediately before/during/ and after workouts. But once I switch my hat from athlete over to Mom, Wife, or whatever else I need to be, that's when I make the switch to my love... DIET COKE!!

SO.... I know she's right. I've known it for awhile.

BUT... It's my THING!

I'm not really a drinker beyond a nice glass of wine or two. I gave up smoking back in college. I have my sugar habit, but for the most part, I eat well. I go to bed at a decent hour each night generally. I FLOSS DAILY for goodness sake.

Diet Coke is my ONE THING!!

I gave it up for 9 months while being pregnant with Cooper. And as sad as it makes me to say it... I'm going to try to let it go for this training season as well :(

NOT completely.... One a day!! That's my motto. (See what Carole doesn't even realize is that when I say I'm drinking several a day... that's several BODC's. We're not talking 12ozers here! She'd probably DIE if she knew the truth!!)

So... note the sales in the Diet Coke Industry today, because it will most likely show a significant drop over the next 6 months or so. I probably could personally handle the majority of their Atlanta market!!

HOWEVER... Just as important Cooper and his health was to me when I gave it up before, Triathlon is like my new baby! I LOVE it, and I want to be capable of doing my VERY best this year!

So... goodbye BODC. :( You will be oh so missed!

My one a day will probably turn into some sort of ritual now. It will become my Kellye Time. No interruptions when it's just me and my Diet Coke!

I'm just going to have to start wearing my Diet Coke T-shirt instead :(

Until next time!
K




8 comments:

kerrie said...

i feel your pain, lol...i've been pretty good with my "one a day" but i think if i had to drop that plus all of my "goodies", it would not make for a very happy mama :)

Anonymous said...

Be strong! You co do it! I have this same issue with beer and it's very hard but in the long run we will be thanking ourselves! Once a day is better than none at all so ENJOY!

Wes said...

FYI: I am joining you by sacrificing beer. I'm with Katie :-) but it really has to be done!!

{I personally am taking the none at all approach}

Mel said...

To Admit to your addiction is your first step...You won the battle before, so you know you have it within you:) Good Luck...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Pedergraham said...

Kellye:
Good luck with this. Your body will feel better and your wallet, too!!!

I have the same problem with keeping hydrated. Good as just me, bad as mom and wife mode.

-Danielle

Marit C-L said...

I thought DC was one of the main food groups? Huh... when you think you know it all, you learn something new! Good luck with this... you'll do great. "Mind over matter" I'll say... "If you don't mind, then it won't matter." Hurrah - you can do it!

BreeWee said...

I agree with Mel, you admit you have a problem, you got that far... the rest is the easy stuff. YES! I agree with you, triathlon is your baby, you work and train so hard you know that a DC is not going to help you... just say ADIOS! I dare you!!
You will do it Kel...

mike said...

read it...