? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, February 1, 2008

I Did It, I Did It, I Did It, Hooray!!


Ok, so only if your a fan of Dora the Explorer would you probably get the title reference! :)


Today is February 1st, and I am proud to announce that I successfully completed my money challenge!!


And thank God it's February 1st! :) Don't think I could have gone much further!!


In all seriousness, it was a true eye-opening experience. We have a theory that "You Spend what You have" no matter how much that is. And it amazes me how much money we/I have wasted away over the years on just junk. Not only is buying less fast food and junk going to help my pocketbook, I hope it may help me fit into those briefs as well :)


So though its Feb. 1, and I am relieved, I don't plan on abondoning my new practices completely. It's funny how dropping $5 at the gas station on lolipops and stuff used to be absolutely no big deal. Now I'm like, "Whoa... that sucker's $2, No Way!"


Hopefully, if we can continue some of these new habits, our checking account will thank us at the end of the year! And we'll have the money to do things we didn't think we could before because we chose a Super-Duper vacation instead of McDonalds everyday!!


Best of luck to all of you and your wallets!

K :)

4 comments:

BreeWee said...

Congrats and that photo cracks me up! I think I need to try your little money saving challenge... I bet that was one long month...!
Are you going shopping for a Diet Coke today to celebrate?

Mel said...

I am sooooo glad to hear someone else eats a lot of McDonalds :) Good job on making your monthly goal..NOW you have money to spend and I am sure by now you are ITCHING to SPEND :) (RIGHT?) GO MONEY HAPPY!!!!

Jen in Budapest said...

Kellye - that's awesome! How did the challenge come about? I think I need to consider doing something similar....

Thanks for your encouragement on my first Tri. It's going to be July 12th in London - It's the Womensonly TIMEX. You can look it up for details but I'm doing the sprint, which is a sinch for most triathletes, but for me the whole experience is new. I'm excited and sure that I will probably do many more afterwards. In fact, I'm already looking at ones in the fall and I haven't even completed my first one!! ha ha. Thanks for staying in touch. I'm looking forward to developing all these new friendships.

Pedergraham said...

Congrats...and I can't say that I love Dora, but you-know-who does!

Do you celebrate or do you get right bak on the wagon?