? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Jitters!!


Oh.... My race jitters have ALREADY begun to set in!! :)


I think it's because rather than continuing to workout hard with my regular schedule.... I've had the added stress of can I run? Can I not run? Will this mess me up? Will this screw up my time goal? What if I can't do the race at all?


And the big Mama Jama... what is this going to do for Hawaii????


Ok... so I KNOW it will be fine! :) But you know how it goes....


The good news is that I am feeling better. You know how sometimes your body just feels like it's recovering!


I tried to run again on Friday after my 48 hours recovery and another PT session. The goal was 30 min easy with hopefully no pain.


Well.... the no pain part didn't work out so well. I mean it wasn't EXCRUCIATING!! But it certainly wasn't faint either. Again, I pushed through it thinking maybe my muscles just needed to work some stuff out. And I did notice that on the few uphill's I did, it didn't hurt that much. Because of the nature of where I ran, I ended up doing 20 min. Probably should have cut it short sooner, but I just felt like it would be ok.


Fortunately, I was. I mean it hurt for the rest of the day but instead of getting worse like it's been doing after a run, it managed to continue to recover and feel better! I thought that that was a good sign! :)


I woke up this morning with just a little bit of sharpness in those areas and realized that these types of issues aren't quite as simple as one joint having mobility issues. It's really much more complicated in a recruitment of joints and muscles having imbalances and stability issues. Stuff that I've learned all about and studied but never really understood until now.


Still some pain, but MUCH better nonetheless. So, that helped the jitters a little! I'm now thinking, ok... give it until Monday (of course I was ready to run again tomorrow and my sensible Coach Jen thought better to wait until Monday! :) And by then, if things continue to progress as they are, I should be ready to run. Easily at first of course... and most likely easy for just about all of next week. But hopefully come Sunday, April 27th... I'LL BE READY TO GO!!


I'm thinking... Oh Crap!! This is my first triathlon since November 3rd!! I REALLY would have liked to have some sort of warm-up race or something! Not that St. Anthony's is my end-all to be-all... but I don't want to go down there and suck either!! You know what I mean! :)


The real jitters will sink in as the week progresses to next Sunday! I'll probably be too busy between now and we leave to stress TOO much about it.


Today I did one of the coolest things I've done in awhile... I took a class at my new work office, PT Solutions, on aquatic therapy. It was 4 hours of talking injury prevention, joint mobility and stability, neuromuscular control, cardiovascular performance and output, and how to use a small endless pool to work on all of these issues. LOVED IT!! I'm such a nerd!! I found myself being that person that had to stop asking questions because I thought everyone else was probably ready to go and I was prolonging things! :) I swear I could sit and talk that stuff all day!


It's the first inservice I've been too in as long as I could remember that I wasn't sitting there looking at my watch the entire time thinking, "Oh my god... when is this guy going to shut up! We get it, we get it... ENOUGH!!"


I was completely enthralled the entire time and learned so much! Not to mention that I got to be the guinea pig and get into that bad boy and go through the exercises and actually swim!! LOVED IT!! Can't wait to get in there next week for some swimming. It's a totally different experience than swimming in a regular lap pool and it provides turbulence simulating choppy conditions simulating more of that of an actual open water swim than just lap pool. AND you have no idea how fast you're going, which is sometimes a good thing.not to worry about... Right?? :)


And so tomorrow is another swim in my regular pool followed by a nice bike ride and I'm sorry people up north... I have no intention of offending you in any way, but it was like 80 here today and will be even nicer tomorrow and the only thing I could think of is, "It feels like HEAVEN!!"


We're on a countdown with our take-off to Florida! We've currently got to wake-up 6 more times before we get in the car and leave... That's how we keep up with day's around here. We can somewhat understand time based on how many times we have to go to sleep to get there! We leave Friday for St. Petersburg and then after the race we're off to Disney for a week!! We're all very excited. AND Tour de Georgia kicks off this week, and I'm headed out there Thursday with a friend for some VIP passes to the team time trials. Ahh... I'm so excited about it, that is going to be so much fun!!


So I'm in better spirits as Jen said today if you can tell! :) I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend and happy, fast, fun, loving vibes to everyone everywhere!!

K :)

7 comments:

BreeWee said...

Oh that training session on injury prevention in service thing sounds GREAT! I love those kind that you don't look at the watch and you have some new motivation!

As for your foot... JUST DON'T stress. Stressing it adds to the recovery time. Do the usual ice, salts, baths, massage... try the fun stuff like acupuncture, ART... AQUA JOG :)

I hope you get better sooner rather than later! See you in Florida!!

Marit C-L said...

Can't wait to see you at St. Anthony's!!! It will be WONDERFUL!

Injury prevention is SO HARD! Injuries - like the one you have - remind me of my nagging hamstring issues last year. I went for a few weeks without stretching the way I was supposed to, and ended up missing a week or so of running a month out from Clearwater. It sounds as though you are on the right track with regards to gettig this fixed, recovered, and healed.

Jen will lead you in the right direction, no doubt! Keep those positive vibes flowing!!! :)

Beth said...

Glad the hip is feeling at least a little better. You sound must more upbeat about it and you are right - IT WILL GET BETTER. MUCH easier said than done, but a little patience will make all the difference!

Looking forward to seeing you in Florida - ohhh and a week at Disney after sounds perfect! Rest up and heal up!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Kellye - You are such a trooper! I have total empathy for you - it is so frustrating! Have you tried any back stretching? And, you never know, maybe the time off will be better for you, giving you more rest and time to recuperate so your body is even more rested come race day.

Anonymous said...

You Coach is one smart cookie! =)

Deep breath...don't stress yet. You have had a minor set back with this injury but you are trained, tough, and it will show come race day! I'll be hollering from Iowa!

Brooke Myers said...

Oh I am so glad you will be around for the begining of St. Anthony's swim start. thank goodness I will not have to handle my nerves alone. We can calm each other down..
I am looking forward to meeting you soon by the way!!
have safe travels on your way...

Lauren Starks said...

Great news on the reduction of pain.

Oh, and carrots are 'banned' until I get closer to 'goal' weight. He's a big glycemic index guy.