? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Horton: The Review


I'm going to confess that despite the fact that I have read MANY Dr. Seuss books AND have an Elementary Education Degree and taught Elementary school for 4 years... I've never read "Horton Hears a Who."


Well... not that I can remember at least, and that's not saying much because I have THE WORST memory. Adam swears one day I'll wake up and have no clue of the last 10 years of our life because I can never remember movies we've seen, places we've eaten, etc.


But anyways... in my defense, I was a 4th and 5th grade teacher. So I've read "Bridge to Terabithia" (ok movie... the book... 10 TIMES better!! I STILL cry when I read it!), "Holes", and older kid books like that. And MANY younger kids books as well, but somehow missed the Horton one.


Well, the kids and I went to the movies today to see it, and OHHHH I loved it!!


The movie was super cute! It did have a few little strange moments in it where it'd turn into something weird... not entirely my style, but ok, whatever :)


But the whole meaning behind the story was what was so good!


I mean, what an amazing hero Horton was! He totally took responsibility for Whoville even when not only he didn't have to, but everyone thought he was crazy to boot!


When you think about it, Dr. Seuss was a VERY bright man! He wrote such wonderful stories in fun, extremely creative ways while at the same time those books are embedded with pre-reading skills! A truly talented writer!


Cooper and Gracie really enjoyed it... Especially Cooper! He laughed and got worried when he thought Horton was too late in saving the town! Gracie got a little fidgety.... That's Gracie! :) All and all she did well too though.


So, I give it two thumbs up! And not only for kids but for adults too who maybe need a little perspective in life! :)

4 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Oh, Bridge to Terabithia was such a memorable book in my life. I am glad you gave the movie a thumbs down because that will end my temptation to see it.

Lelia has been walking around the house for the past few weeks saying, "A person's a person no matter how small," everytime she feels left out of our conversations! So, I think Horton has made a mark on her too!

Hope you guys continue having fun on your break.
-Danielle

kerrie said...

Rain loved the movie too and would totally agree with you and the Bridge to T. as well! I bet you were a great Grade 4/5 teacher as you have so much energy. One that age is enough for me to handle :)

Wes said...

I'm with you. I don't retain information I don't need! My brain is already crammed full of useless crap :-)

Horton rocks!!

Anonymous said...

My kids and I LOVED Horton. What a creative and well made movie. Fun for all ages!