? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, April 14, 2008

A Butt Sprain!


Well, I want to say that I think Marit is an AMAZING person and athlete!!


I spent my weekend moaning and complaining about how much my hip/right glute hurt. Literally limping around the house some on Saturday and Sunday!


After a trip to my physical therapist this morning and then a quick stop to get cracked up by my chiropractor, I have what is the equivalent of a Butt Sprain!!


And when he told me that, all I could think about was Marit and her actual broken Butt and how much I thought my little ol' sprain hurt yet this chick went through SURGERY and is holding up so well!! My admiration for her just grows and grows!


My rear however will be fine. It's the equivalent of a sprain because it's so swollen. However, the good news is that it is no longer stuck. It's moving and as long as we keep it moving, it'll be fine.


Both Dr.'s even cleared me for my tough run tomorrow! My physical therapist even said the harder the better to "Force" my Back muscles to take over a little bit from my glutes. I was like, uh.... let's not go crazy here or anything, and whatever you do, don't tell my coach the harder the better!! She'll think of that as some sort of Green light or something! :)


So just a swim for today, ice, ice, and more ice, and I'll be fine.


The lesson through all of this is the EXTREME importance of recovery!!


My physical therapy appointments were one of the first things to get scraped when time got tight. Well, my SI decided to show me... so I know now that just because things are going well doesn't mean you're done. Just makes me appreciate how much the process is actually working!!


Isn't it funny how little we think about the small little parts of our bodies until it actually hurts and then you never realized how bad some random place can feel?? :)


So hopefully tomorrow's suffer fest will be more about pushing my pace and less about whether or not I can pick up my right leg and move it! And no more skipping PT ever!


They're going to wish this hadn't happened to me as they'll be seeing me ALL of the time now! :)


I hope everyone is feeling good, and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to everyone in Ironman Arizona yesterday!! Some really close and amazing performances out there yesterday!


I was watching some of the live video listening to "You are an IRONMAN!!" And I got all fired up again!! :) Just when the sport beats you down... one little thing puts you right back in the game!!


Have a great Monday everyone!!

K :)

10 comments:

Wes said...

let's not go crazy here or anything, and whatever you do, don't tell my coach the harder the better!!

Ummmm... Hope she doesn't read your blog ;-)

Glad you got it figured out with little if any interruptions!! Spraining your butt is one big pain in the ass :-D I know. I'm corny. But I'm old(er) ROFL!!!

Beth said...

Glad all the parts are feeling better!! Great news! Hope that hard run goes well tomorrow.

Steve Stenzel said...

Dang. Good luck with the ass crack....errr...I mean butt sprain.

;)

kerri said...

EESH-- A swollen butt. Ewwwwww. No sitting allowed...just running, running, runnning, AND swimming. Hope you feel better!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Thanks for supporting the PT profession! Glad you're back to your treatments and they're helping. I'd love to hear about all the cool stuff they're doing with you. Email me if you have time. I had SI problems after my 2nd pregnancy. I went to PT too, and that's what convinced me I wanted to be one myself!

Eileen Swanson said...

Ouch, that sounds painful. Hope you're recovering quick.

Sending you positive thoughts...

XO,
E

Marit C-L said...

Hey - I feel your pain! Kind of :) Yes - PT is VERY important - just because everything is feeling okay, does NOT mean we should stop working on it. I'm sure that Jen will give you the "green light" to give it your all! Hooray!

Fingers crossed that you feel better soon. And fyi: I too am working on my SI joint. I think its where the sacrum and i-something come together at the back of your hip and butt... right? Anyway, my PT is working on keeping mine flexible.

:)

Hang in there, my friend!

Ryan said...

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk!

All that junk inside that trunk!

Jeez, first Marit Breaks her ass, now you sprain yours.

When I was in the Navy, I "met" a girl who could make her Ass Clap!

Opps, wrong blog!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! Now you can feel Marit's pain!

I hope you recovery quickly! PT, ice, rest, repeat!

Ashley said...

Go GO Ghetto Booty ;) Man, one broken butt - and one sprained butt... this is wack. Let's all get our butts into shape and kick some. Butt rubs to all!