? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Busy Day!!

It's getting late. It's about 20 min past when I should have gone to bed! :)

But I wanted to give a quick update because I had a really great day! Long, Busy, but GREAT nonetheless!!

Today was my first day as a Trainer!! That's right!!... I'm already putting my new certification to good use!

I have to admit, there was a part of me, and if you've been reading my blog for awhile, you probably caught onto this notion, that was a little not so sure about this whole trainer thing. I got really skeptical about the whole thing after my gym experience that made me question the ethics and reasoning behind the whole ordeal.

However, I'm really glad that I decided to push forward, because I've realized that in the opportunity that I've been given, I'm really able to design the programs in the way that I see fit and for me that means being more of a coach than the person that tells them which weights to lift for 30 min. I seriously take training/fitness very personally and want to make sure that I'm capable of providing these people the opportunities to meet their goals. There was a time that I questioned that capability. But after MUCH thought and working through the kinks... I think it just may work!!

I met with my first client today over at the brand new PT Solutions training facility. It is GORGEOUS!! Has one of those endless pools that I can't WAIT to get in. Full underwater video capabilities. Oh, I am SOOOO going to tape my stroke and break it apart with that bad boy!! :) And the lady was the PERFECT client! Realistic goals, wanting to feel better and healthier!! EXACTLY where she needs to be. I was VERY excited about working with her and really being apart of changing her life for the positive!

AND... After talking with the owner some more, looks like I'm going to be doing some aqua therapy, swim instruction, AND... He even said he'd take me to Albuquerque, NM to do the USAT Level 1 certification this July!! I signed up for it today!! So I am SUPER pumped about that. So I'm going to be doing some entry-level tri coaching coming up as well!!

You might be able to tell that I'm a little excited and the first day went well! :)

So I have another session with my lady #1 on Thursday. Gotta admit, it's going to take a little getting used to juggling all my hats... Between this, the restaurant, my spin classes, my kids, my house, and my training... I'm having to write everything down to keep up! :) But no worries, I'll get it!

And as if my day hadn't been great enough, I got the WONDERFUL opportunity to hang out with one of my best friends Lisa. She's in town from Pennsylvania, and I love to get to see her. She has a boy and a girl very similar in age to mine, and today she actually had the time to come to my house and hang out and the kids played and her and I actually got to talk. Oh... It was so nice!!

A trainer ride during American Idol, some more work this evening, and now I'm off to bed!

I hope everyone had a great day as well!! Night!!
K :)

11 comments:

Wes said...

I think you are on the yellow brick road :-) I can't wait to see where it takes you!!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! It is so nice to see your hard work pay off, K. Reading your post made me dizzy! :) haha. Nice recovery after a 1/2 M, eh? :) Jen H.

Sam said...

I can tell you're going to be a great trainer. I wish you were on my side of town.

Eileen Swanson said...

Kellye,
It is so great to hear that you had such an awesome day! I love to hear about days like these where everything falls into place and you are feeling amazing AND life is great! So sweet! Continue on this path, I can't wait to hear more good stories ;-)
Luv,
E

Marit C-L said...

Way to go - you are a SUPER DUPER MOM/TRI STAR! Yippeee! And now a trainer - congratulations! With your personality, your enthusiasm, and your knoledge - your clients are very lucky to be able to work with you. Fantastic job Kellye!

AND to boot - you'll be a coach too! Wow - things are really coming together. Hooray!

Brooke Myers said...

It's great when we can believe in ourselves and get over the hump that tries to keep us from persuing greatness within ourselves.
Now you have new goals with being a trainer and will be able to share your knowledge and experiences with others. You will do great with it...especially because it is important and means so much more to you....
I hope day two goes just as well, if not even better :)

Mel said...

This is great....you are qualified in so many fields.....you have many options to fall back on: School Teacher, Personal trainer, Tri coach, spin teacher..very impressive!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ironmom to the fullest! You make me tired just reading your posts! HA! You are the true example of a multitaking Mom!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Fun, fun - loved reading about your great day! Sounds like you're going to be an awesome trainer. Have a blast in the endless pool... but, be careful - I broke my foot in one (strange swimming injury, I know... long story). *if there is an under the water bench in that thing, try to NOT kick it during an all out sprint.

kerri said...

YEAH!! Good for you Kellye. Yes. you will be juggling many hats but it is so much fun training. You will get to know so many different kinds of people who you will help change, impact their health and well being, motivate, etc. You'll love it. And you seem to have bundles of energy so it's right up your alley!! Have fun!