? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

45 min!!

Well...today I was FINALLY able to run my entire scheduled run! 45 min... Whoo hoo!!

My instructions were to keep on running as long as pain was in areas A and B and not in areas C and D!!

Those instructions I can follow. And the good news was pain was only in the appropriate designated areas! :)

It also helped that I am STILL trying to figure out how to run with orthotics but without socks. It seems like everytime I forget at least one little spot to bodyglide and that undoubtedly turns into the unexpected shouldn't be there blister...

So I ended up with this ENORMOUS blister on my right big toe that seriously encompasses my entire toe! It hurt like crazy so it helped take away from all the other aches and pains... but in the meantime I was trying to continue to run without trying to run funny because of my blister...

So it was an interesting not very pretty run... but a RUN NONETHELESS!! :)

I guess this has been a new experience for me because I haven't been out of the game, but I'm not entirely in it either. I've either been healthy, doing my thing, or injured to the point that I had to sit out for 2 weeks or so and then ease back in. I've never really had to figure out how to keep playing but on a limited basis, so it's hard to fight those voices in your head telling you to get a grip and work through things that the rational voice says to take it easy on...

The whole push through the pain/no don't push through it stop battle has seriously wore me out these past few weeks! So today when I was given specific pain instructions, that helped! :)

But were getting there... it's getting better... and hopefully the GROOVE will be back by Sunday!

Thanks for reading! Good night!
K :)

5 comments:

Wes said...

I think that's a definite positive! (the 45 minutes) Sorry you got a blister. I've only had line one blister since I started this up. I'm no help at all in that area :-)

Alberto said...

What's up? It's been a long time.. Maybe since the Christmas Party... right? Hey... what's your e-mail address? I sent you a couple of e-mails to a gmail account I had but I am not sure you have gotten them.

Hope your doing awesome....

AG

Marit C-L said...

Very happy that your back/SI joint is feeling better and you got your run in. I KNOW how great that must have felt.

Sorry about the blister - that is NO fun. You may just have to huff it up and throw on a pair of socks during the swim-to-bike transition. OR, if you wanted to save time, you could put one sock on before the bike, and then the other sock on before the run. How funny would that look! :)

Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Everything is starting to gear up for Sunday! You'll be ready to rock by then. Go get 'em, have fun and enjoy all the people and a really cool race!

Mel said...

GOOD LUCK this weekend!!!!! Go out and do your best, that is all you can do (especially coming off injuries) Kick some butt :)