? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, March 28, 2008

Chillaxin... Well Kind of!


On the agenda for most of today and tomorrow is to CHILL!!


Kind of funny... for 2 reasons:


1. I'm not good at it. I start inventing things to do if given the opportunity!


2. Cooper, Gracie, Rocky, Work, the laundry, dishes, and studies don't quite get the concept! :)


But... In all seriousness, I'm making an effort for today and tomorrow to stay off of my feet because this Sunday is the Atlanta ING Half Marathon!!


I'm excited... A little nervous... mostly because I'm ALWAYS nervous before races!


AND a cool tidbit... It will be my first real repeat race! I've done the Peachtree Road Race twice, but that doesn't really count. I never raced those. And the course is supposed to be a little different this year, so I don't know if it will be roughly the same so I can really compare or not, but I think it shall be close enough! So it will be fun to go for a better time this year than last!


If I can race on Sunday like my swim went this morning, I'll be doing well!


I was so excited!! Monday was an off day for me in the swim department. It was proceeded by 2 weeks of some subpar swimming efforts, and I couldn't help but thinking... Great, I'm losing it.


But today it came back together! I'm actually making it sound like more than it was... It was only 1200 of some actual speed, but it went perfectly.


After a long warm up, I was to do 4 sets of 100 ALL OUT, 200 Tempo, and then 100 easy backstroke. Well my Tempo pace for 100's is supposed to be around 1:35. On Monday, my biggest effort only gave me a 1:31 Pace. And my best 100 to date has been 1:24, so last Monday I had one 100 supposed to be under 1:25, and I couldn't make it.


Well today, I did the first 100 and came in right at 1:25. I was like WHOO HOO!! Ok, now if I can tempo it for 200 immediately following. And I DID. Easy 100 Back and ready to go again...


The next sets went just as well. 2- I hit a 1:24, #3- 1:23 WHOO HOO!! New PR!! #4-1:24 and I was able to keep it between 1:30-1:35 for my 200's it was BEAUTIFUL!


I finish up with a little more speed stuff and then I'm in the showers talking to another girl who I've swam with on occasion when she gives me the best news of the day... The pool is METERED!!


It's a brand new pool I've been using for the past couple of weeks. I just assumed it was yards. BUT... I asked the people up front and confirmed it's Meters!! That means all of those 100's were even faster than I had realized. That little thing made my day! :)


So after picking up all of my race stuff, and squeezing in some study time, I just woke up from a nap! I need to study more because tomorrow's my big test day!! I'm more nervous about that than the race on Sunday. IF I don't pass, I've got to explain that to my soon to be employer and then pay $100 to retake it... ICK!! How's that for some hiring incentive...


"Yes, um... I know I'm supposed to start working with you today. But um... I am not qualified and need to retake the exam. Would you still like for me to represent your company???"


So it's at 2pm tomorrow. Enough time to do some more cramming tonight and tomorrow for it. At least I can do it and stay off of my feet, and I'm convinced that if all goes well with this test, I'm going to run on Sunday 10lbs lighter!!


So that's my weekend in a nutshell. A baseball game and a few small things thrown in, and it'll be over before you know it!


So everyone needs to have all of their good race vibes flowing this weekend!

Eileen is racing Oceanside!

Bree is racing Mooloolaba!

Steve is doing I believe a 5k!

And I could have sworn someone else was racing this weekend, but I can't find it now, so if you are, let us know so we can root for you!


Good luck to everyone! Have fun! and Kick some Butt!!

K :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome swimming Kellye! Good luck at the 1/2 marathon on Sunday! You'll do just great and I look forward to reading your post race report!

Judi said...

Have a great race! I am doing the Mini-Heart 15K in Cincinnati. :) My friend used to do the ATL marathon but had knee surgery last xmas and can't train. Hope you do well.

Pedergraham said...

Good luck with your test and your race...and hope you get some good resting done between now and then. Great swims!
-Danielle

Wes said...

Have fun at ING :-) I like 1:25's in the pool. Super speedy!!

Marit C-L said...

Kellye - you'll do great at both, I know it! You are ready for the exam, ready for the run - and I'll be thinking about you all weekend. Yea yea ye! Go Kellye go!!!

As for the swimming - how totally awesome is that? Most excellent! See what a great job you're doing! Wow wow wow - you NEED to come to Pensacol and train in a few weeks. It'll give me to motivation to get back in the pool.... my house is your house....

Danielle said...

You will do great on your test! Your swimming improvements are making me really excited about Master's swimming (I will start with Emory, May 1st) Good luck on Sunday, I will be out there too...taking it easy because I have to ride afterwards.

Beth said...

I hope the test went well today Kellye - you are probably taking it right now as I type so I'm sending good vibes your way!! And best of luck tomorrow in your half marathon!!! Yipppeeee!!! You will rock it just like you rocked your swim! Take care and have fun!