? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

7 Random Things!!

So I think this game of "TAG" has been going around the blogger world... So here we go... :)


1. I HATE to defrost meat!! I know it's crazy and ridiculous, but I will use a crockpot, use meat before it needs to be frozen or whatever it takes to avoid defrosting any sort of meat!!
(One Word: GROSS!!)

2. I have been hit by a car! Ok... in the cycling world, that's unfortunately NOT that big of a deal! However, I was 12 years old getting my hair fixed for my sister's wedding. I'd locked the keys in my mother's car and after finally getting them out of the car with the locksmith parked behind our car so that I couldn't see what was coming... I walked out and there was a man driving a Mercedes really FAST in a parking lot in Buckhead!! I was fine. It just sent me for a little flight and I landed on my rump. Spent the next several days with a donut seat!!


3. I've HIT another person with my car!! Ok... I honestly think I'm a good driver. Everyone else does NOT!! This however was definitely NOT my fault. I was in Myrtle Beach for my Senior Year Spring Break trip. Me and my 4 other girlfriends were all piled up in my car. We were heading back to our dump of a hotel after dinner when out of nowhere this guy walked right out into the middle of the road and there was no time for me to stop!! I immediately get out of the car to discover this teenage boy laying down in front of my car completely passed out and bleeding!! His CRAZY girlfriend starts screaming at me that I killed her boyfriend. Everyone is screaming and crying... NOT a good time for Spring Break if you know what I mean. Fortunately, he was fine. He was SUPER doped up on something. And actually they told me that's kind of what saved his life. I mean he stepped out in front of me because he was in complete la...la world, but he NEVER saw me coming. And they say that when people see that they're about to be in an accident they tense up and THAT contributes to their injuries, so... whatever he was on left he COMPLETELY relaxed and therefore ended up with a broken arm. I didn't get a ticket or anything because it was his fault. The cop didn't even give me a breathalyzer test, which I thought was interesting considering it was Spring Break and all. Wouldn't have mattered as I had NOT been drinking.... However, I've never had one of those tests before and I was freaked out about the situation enough as it was . I did end up with a broken windshield that had to be fixed there in SC and when I hit him... I knocked him out of his shoes and knocked the pickles out of his hamburger!! Adam removed the pickles from the top of my car after my return!! :)


4. My DREAM car is a antique 2 door Ford Bronco with the soft top that you can remove!! Oh... I LOVE them! They're not that expensive if you buy them unrestored. But then you have to either restore it yourself or have it restored which is expensive. Or you can buy them restored and they're pretty pricey that way as well! One day... I'm going to California to get one of those suckers so I can use it to throw my bike in the back during the summer!!
(Ohhh... Isn't she beautiful!! LOVE this car!!)

5. I like almost EVERY kind of music! On any given day of my ipod you can find things ranging from Snow Patrol, to Sarah Mclachlan, to Korn and Limp Bizkit, to old school 80's music, heavy beat rave type music from my cycling classes, to even a few classical songs (appreciated from the ballet years... and I'm still counting on that Mozart music to help my brain :) to the occasional old school country music of Willie Nelson! Not really a fan of new country music. I do however like a few of Carrie Underwoods songs if those count.


6. As my Dad has always described me..."I'm an accident waiting to happen!!" Adam says people like me shouldn't be in triathlon for that reason!! I'm seriously SUPER clummsy!! In my short almost 30 years of life... I've managed MANY sprained ankles with crutches, a neck brace for 2 weeks because of hitting my head on the concrete, broken my tail bone 3 times!, 3 different surgeries for tubes in my ears (once even at the age of 18!!), a sprained wrist from a bicycle crash, a cracked eye socket bone, an ACL replacement, a stress fracture in my foot, a nail through the bottom of my foot, and even more stuff that I can't remember at the moment!!


7. Some things on my "Bucket List"...try to surf (I'm hoping to do that VERY soon!! :), Do a tour of Europe, see the Aurora Borealis, a bunch of other stuff and the random one... ride in one of those cars that has hydraulics!! I have NO IDEA why... but it looks like fun!!
(So it's completely out of character for me... But come on... It's like a fun ride or something!!)

Ok... so 7 random things about me! If you've read this... "TAG... You're IT!"

K :)

6 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Kellye:
My little brother had a car accident like that when he was 18. New Year's Eve, stone cold sober, driving the speed limit, and he was driving over to his girlfriends's house on a dark, wooded, twisty back road. A 12 year old kid dressed in black (with no shoes on in the snow) ran straight out on the street in front of him, was thrown up on the windshield, and had to be airlifted into Mass General. Of course the cops came and sat him the back of the police car, gave him a breathalizer, turned the truck inside and out... My brother said when they started to find his Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid, and perfect car maintenance records, they treated him a little differently, but he ended up walking away from that an absolute mess. Mostly from hearing the impact, seeing the kid taken off in a helicopter, thinking the kid was going to die, and then from the initial police response to him. Also, even though my brother was found not at fault, (and the boy survived the accident with no short or long-term impacts), the kids' parents still had two years to take him to civil court. Maybe I am an overprotective sister, but that kids' parents negligence (who lets a 12 year old out of the house dressed in black with no shoes on in New England on New Years Eve?) put my brother into deep depression and lots of therapy.
OK--got that off my chest--but I can totally relate to how you felt at that moment.
P.S. I don't like dealing with frozen meat. Maybe that is why there is not any space for ice cream in my freezer--it is totally full of meat that I am waiting for Andrew to defrost!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, these car accident stories are freaky. My sister was down at the State Fair in ILlinois after riding Across Illinois in the early 90s...so, you know, rode ALL day and her and some friends were walking on the sidewalk and a drunk driver hit all of them. Killed one. Thankfully, my sister was FINE...but it was not easy. The one guy is brain dead...and the drunk driver got off b/c he had no $, no property, no insurance...blah, blah....so, it was a total mess. Those poor parents..these were young kids in their 20s. Anyway....be safe. I feel like Danielle, got that off my chest. :) Jen H.

kerri said...

HMMM, the car thing. Still to close to home after a very good friend's accident. He's still in a plethora of braces and casts. Danielle's and Jen's stories made me cringe.

Yes, the Aurora Borealis...a must see. I saw it as a little girl and remember it quite vividly to this day. When you get your dream car load your kids, drive to Maine and go surfing!!

Jen in Budapest said...

I SOOO want to see the A.B....I actually started a blog but never finished all about this light phenom. I think it's the cooolest thing! Wow. Awesome. And I like those jeeps and broncos too! Fun Kellye.

Mel said...

That is too funny you like hydraulics...I actually went through that experience and I was embarrassed as everyone was looking at us in the car....I always thought people with hydraulics were PUNKS...Sorry you don't fit the description of someone that would be sitting in a hydraulics car :)
Raw meat freaks me out too....I wash my hands like 25 times while cutting chicken and I really have a hard time when their are BONES involved...I WILL not eat meat of a bone YUCK!!!!!

kerrie said...

wow, i didn't realize that the aurora borealis was such a big deal since i saw it most every night growing up as i was freezing my ass off ;)....
http://olc.spsd.sk.ca/De/saskatchewan100/northernlights.html

you can go hang out with my parents and they'll give you a tour!