? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Work, Work, Work...!!


That has been the word of today... WORK!! I even had Adam take Cooper and Gracie to school this morning so that I could get a better start on things. Well, to be honest, I was supposed to get up and go to swim practice this morning. My alarm went off at 5am, and after working late last night, I made that sleepy decision to fit my swim in sometime during the day. Mistake of course. I finished up the 3 outlines I was supposed to do last night this morning, before heading out to drive all the way to Lawrenceville to meet with my brothers/bosses :)


I swear, every time I go to the restaurant, it sucks me in, and I end up being there so much longer than I had planned. But, we got a lot accomplished, I got my paychecks (the true agenda of the trip), and had to call Adam to the rescue once again to run pick the children up from school since I wouldn't make it to school in time. He was a trooper of course thank goodness :)


Heading to swim on my own at Woodstock Aquatic Center, I realized I hadn't eaten lunch, had a huge headache, and had still MUCH MORE work to do. As I mentioned in my last post, December is my busy month!! So, I did the responsible thing and copped a squat at one of my favorite local coffee joints, Woodstock Coffeehouse to enjoy the good company from my friend Ryan and the free WIFI!!


I'm still here as I write this blog a good 4 hours later!!


Since graduating from Auburn almost 10 years ago (OH MY GOD!), my career has taken me down many paths :) I've been an Elementary School teacher, tutor, nutrition counselor, stay-at-home mom, coffee barista, group fitness instructor, and Special Events Coordinator. I told Adam that I'm only a few steps away from turning tricks if this path continues (ha..ha!!)


So as I think a lot of people my age faces that inevitable question...What do I want to do when I grow up?? We make an incredibly monumental decision at an influential age of 18 that will take us on a path for the next 50+ years. A lot of us later in life may question if we did what we really want to do. I've spent the past SEVERAL months pondering this question since Cooper and Gracie will be in school full-time next year, and I've always had some sort of income even when I stayed at home.


My conclusion... (at least for now :) ) work is work. As Adam says, "that's why they pay you!" Because no matter what we do, if they didn't pay us, none of us would show up. I guess we all have this idealistic perspective that if you find something you love to do, then it doesn't feel like work. But, I think no matter what you do, there is always going to be those little annoying things that irritate and bother us. So.. I don't know what it is exactly that I'll be doing in 6-12 months from now honestly. Maybe I'll be teaching again, still coordinating special events, or turning pro-triathlete (ha..ha!!) Either way, I'll just find the enjoyable things about what I do, and get through the day so that I can get back to the things I really love... my family, friends, and sport of triathlon.


Until next time... Happy Working Days to you all!

K :)

0 comments: