? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Beginning of a New Era!


With the holidays winding down, what a great time to begin my new endeavour, Personal Training Certification! I began my studies last night. I am working toward NASM certification.


There are lots of different programs out there, and me being the somewhat skeptical person that I am, I made sure to do my research because I didn't want to end up with some bogus internet certification that meant nothing. Call me crazy, but anytime some web page tells me to buy some materials from them and then they'll give me some sort of accreditation, it makes me think, "hum!" However, there are several reputable programs out there, and after many discussions with people in the industry, including potential employers :), this is the one I decided to begin with!


I've reviewed the material as a whole, and it looks to be very thorough! I'm actually very excited about it as I know that I will learn things that will also be very helpful to my own training! I'm on a 6-8 week program. Adam's been sweet enough to let me out of the house to get in the study time that I've needed over the past 2 days. You can probably imagine why studying at home isn't the best environment :) !! So... Chapter 1, DONE!


Anyone who knew me in college knows that when it comes to studying, I'm a HUGE NERD!! I did not skip classes nor did I fall asleep. I was the one that gave Adam and Joey all the info for the Music Appreciation class that we all had to take since I ended up having to take it an hour before they did.


Confession: The study guide has it all laid out as to what you should do each day to get the program done in 45 days. For Day 1 it included reading the Introduction in the book and the Letter from the President. All useless stuff. However, I of course read it :) Did it thinking the whole time what I NERD I am, but also thinking, "You never know!"


I guess it's a good thing in the end since I'm always over prepared for things, but it sometimes takes me a little longer than it should! :) However, I did make it through college in just a little over 3 years. Again, nerdy girl going straight through! Actually, it was for the most part that I was NOT moving back home and either did Adam so it worked out. Having to do it over again knowing what I know now about having to pay my own bills, I would have gotten a summer job instead and stretched it out as long as I could have!! :)


Anyways, I'll be spending the next 6 weeks in a coffee shop reading and watching informational videos if anyone is ever in the mood to drop by!


Happy Learning to us all!

K


3 comments:

kerri said...

Good luck on your new endeavor! NASM is a good choice.I'll keep you posted on coaching stuff too.

TJ said...

Good luck with your studies! Sounds like you'll do great.

Wes said...

I'm a HUGE NERD!! I did not skip classes nor did I fall asleep.

Sounds like a budding Iron spirit to me :-) Congrats on getting certified. Just from what I've learned about you in this short time indicates a very promising career/endeavor for you there. Good luck, and kick some butt!!

BTW: I swim at the Bally's on Barrett Parkway. It's always open. I live in the back of Towne Lake on Bells Ferry. So, we're neighbors :-)