? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, December 28, 2007

My "Deep Thought" for the Day :)


Somewhere today between answering a bunch of questions from Cooper about how God put bones in our bodies and relearning about the nervous, skeletal, and muscular systems, I had a strange almost sort of epiphany! :)


For as long as I can remember, I have not liked January or February. As strange as that sounds, I know that there are many more out there who would agree. I have given a lot of thought in the past to why this is. The "let down" after the holidays? The miserable cold weather? The lack of vitamin D from not being outside as much? !! I know!! I've even considered getting one of those lights that exposes you to more vitamin D because there is seriously a part of me that feels almost depressed during this time period. :(


Well today I was thinking about how busy things have been for me for as long back as I can remember it seems. Things always pick up in March because that is Gracie's birthday and then Cooper's is in April. Easter is always thrown in there as well. Then the races begin, end of school parties, T-Ball, etc, etc... So for a second I was driving today and thinking my usual thoughts of BLAH January and February and how I was ready for March. But then, I had the thought of all of the go, go, go that starts from then.


And it suddenly occurred to me that January and February have their own purpose too. I thought about how our bodies require rest and recovery from a physical standpoint and how for the past year I've incorporated it into my workout schedule from a couple of days every 4 weeks to a week every several months to the past 3 months as a whole! We all know it is a time for our muscles to recover and rebuild.


Well, being the constantly on the go person that I am, I forget sometimes how important it is for me to take a mental break as well. It's kind of funny how things work out that when I'm taking a break from working out so much that is when I try to catch up with my relationships, house work, and all of that other stuff that I've neglected.


So I realized that January and February are cold and not near as exciting as Spring, Summer, and even Fall around here, but if I use them properly, they may not be so bad after all. What a perfect opportunity, while not too much is going on in the world to let my mind relax, recover, and rebuild.


Here's the plan: This Jan. and Feb. I am going to try my hardest to not get all sucked into the gloominess of Winter but to embrace the fact that I get to sit around in comfy clothes, have a fire (which I LOVE), read some books, try to finish that table that's been in my basement forever, and you know...even hang out at the gym!! Yes, I said it :) I know, it's not most people's favorite place. But it is kind of nice to be in a controlled temperature environment where if you get hot you just turn on the fan. You don't have to worry about packing a bag for enough food and water for your 2-3hr bike ride with your cell phone, keys, i.d., etc! :)


So I'll keep you updated as it gets colder on my "Vitamin D" level :) I'm convinced with the right perspective, I can turn that frown upside down :)


Happy Winter!

K


0 comments: