? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My First Signs of Getting Old!!

My first KEY workout was today back at the track!

Luckily, we've still got the rest of the week at VBS, so I got to concentrate on my workout alone without worrying about what Cooper and Gracie could possibly destroy on a football field!

The workout was one of my favorites... Bike, Run, Bike, Run x 5!! Tough as NAILS!! At least for me, but it keeps things interesting and moves pretty quickly!

Now that it is summer break, I decided to visit one of the local high school tracks since it's kind of open during the day to whomever. It was my first time there, and I'm sure they were wondering, "Why in the world is this crazy girl bringing her BIKE to the track and then hooking it up to some crazy stand!??" I even had one kid ask me if I could "actually ride it like a bike if I took it off the back?"!! The rest of his friends made fun of him, so they're not all that naive! :)But I didn't care what they thought! I had a mission to complete and was focused on my goal!

Right as I'm getting started... the entire Varsity Football Team heads out to the field for a workout. I'm warming up on the bike, and I could feel the looks of wonder on these youngsters faces as to why I wasn't running at the track! :)

Well they start doing their workout, which made me even happier because it gave me something to watch while I was grooving along on the bike with no headphones to listen to (my ipod is dead and desperately needs to be charged and it's been like that for DAYS! Yet I can't remember to plug the dang thing in at night!!)

I must say... I was impressed! The usual... pushups, situps, etc. on the field for the warmup and then onto running drills. It was so cool to watch. Well by the time they got to this, I was ready for my first 800 set HARD!

And there I was... running like a crazy woman, breathing like I was about to die at a pace that some of those boys would have probably found laughable! The first set, I actually had to pass them as they were on the track finishing their drills, and the whole time I'm thinking... Relax, Relax... !

Then it's back to the bike for another set and back and forth. I pretty much hit my goal numbers, which I personally was stoked about! But then the JV Basketball team shows up to do some 1/4 mile sprints and the boys up front are coming in at 1:00!! I was like, well there's a reality check for ya Kellye!

Did I mention that these were basketball and football players?? I just kept thinking... thank god the track stars didn't show up or they'd confuse me for a Grandma!! :)

It seriously was though cool to see these kids 1/2 my age, uhh... out there working it out on their Summer break! Way to go for them! Definitely made me push a little harder so I didn't seem like such a wimp! :)
K

7 comments:

Wes said...

I'm still waiting for my first sign... {hee, hee}

:) said...

What a great workout...I bet they were more impressed than you think. What were your intervals? 800m run and how long on the bike?

Oh yeah...PLUG IN YOUR IPOD!!!

Eileen Swanson said...

Kellye, you are too cute! I love your posts! Nice job on the intervals! WOOHOO.

XO,
E

Mel said...

isn't that funny how we work harder when we know people might be watching us....I do that on our main streets..run like a crazy women and as soon as I hit the side streets with less traffic...I slow WAY down :) You atleast still look young :)

Paul said...

Getting old happens to the best of us! Run/bike/run intervals are the best. I haven't done them in 15 years cause they hurt so bad! ahah

rr said...

Nice motivation, and that sounds like a great workout! I've never thought to bring the trainer to the track.. good idea.

Go plug in your ipod :)

BreeWee said...

ha ha ha... good workout granny! NOT EVEN!! You are such a little studly momma!
Super workout...way to ride run ride run with all the peeps watching you!

What is next for you anyways??? Something before Clearwater?