? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back to Normal Life!

I got off the airplane on Wed. morning after flying through the night and hit the ground running!

Ever since I've been busy with triathlon clinics, subbing a spin class (yes, I know I said I was laying off for the summer, but I agreed to this one awhile back and don't mind subbing occasionally :), and spent Friday evening meeting my new niece Lilly as she arrived to America!


Isn't she beautiful!!


The weekend however has been REALLY nice! Not that Wed, Thur., and Friday weren't. But I've actually kind of chilled this weekend.


Saturday morning I was off for a physical therapy appointment, and then Adam and I took the kids to the pool for a few hours. Cooper and Gracie climbed 2 flights of stairs seriously about 20 times going up and down the slide. That must be exhausting!! I'm just glad that this year I got to watch from the sidelines. :)


Saturday night was a girls night out with my mom and niece. I've been DYING to see Sex and the City!! Lauren is a fan, and my mom could care less about what we saw but just wanted to come join the fun! So we met at Phipps Plaza in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. It's the swanky part of town and Phipps is the home of Saks, Neiman's, Jeffery's, etc. What better place to watch a movie all about fashion than in one of the fashion meccas of the city?? :) We had a lot of fun and the movie was great! It was funny and dramatic but everything worked out well, so it was a great.


And can you believe that I didn't even workout on Saturday?? I was supposed to ride my bike for just an easy hour and so even though I got a lot of good ride offers this weekend, I declined. I knew I needed the rest and should stick to the plan. AND I know what's coming! I figured I better take the opportunity to not have to go out on a big long journey before I'm once again doing it as my usual weekend routine! So I was going to ride my trainer for an hour before heading out to the movies, but by the time I put my bike back together, I had run out of time and just let it go. No worries!


Sunday began with a short 45 min easy run in the morning. I began at around 9:30am. I went just a few miles up the road to a little local park that has a flat, soft surface. When I went to get in the car I thought it seemed a little hot. On my way there, I drove past a bank that declared it was currently 91!! I was like... there's no way. But once I got going, it occurred to me that I think it really WAS that hot!! Good thing it was only 45 min. I just think it's funny that ever since it started warming up, I've been praying for hot weather to help prepare me for Honu and I get there and my body is in shock with the heat! Then I turn around and come home to highs of 97!! Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining... at least not yet! :) I generally much prefer the heat to cold and should adjust soon. I just thought it was funny. :)


So then we went for a hearty lunch at McDonalds so we could get a new Kung Fu Panda toy before going to see the movie. I LOVED it! It was funny, and cute, and the story line was good. It was a definite see... maybe even without kiddos if yours aren't interested!


I did manage to squeeze in my bike ride this evening on the trainer. So all is well here!


Next week we have Vacation Bible School... Whoo Hoo!! A little Kellye Time each morning and something to keep Cooper and Gracie from being "borin" as Cooper would say. :) PLUS... I start a boot camp this week for my personal training position. I think that should be fun!


But, Light and Easy!! That's my summer motto!


I hope all is well with everyone else! Thanks for reading!


K :)




13 comments:

Jen said...

Glad to hear that Kung Fu Panda wasn't a waste of time. The kids have been begging like crazy to go.

BreeWee said...

That little girl is sooooooo cute! Send her my way! Kainoa needs a friend & my body is not in the mood to make him one!

Hope the gang enjoys summer!

kerrie said...

your niece is adorable! congratulations!
glad to hear that you made it back safe and sound from your hawaii experience and are taking it "easy"....
we might go see the panda movie if i can be convinced, lol...

Wes said...

LOL @ Bree... She is a cutie! I was finished up my run about 8:30 on Sunday morning at Hobgood, and I was like damn!!! I didn't start early enough!!! What kind of crazy people are running on Sunday morning at 7:30 AM :-D

Anonymous said...

How beautiful is she?!

Hey, aren't you suppose to have some recovery/down time after a big race? Dang girl...stop and put your feet up for just a sec! =)

Steve Stenzel said...

Sounds like fun all around! And congrats on NOT working out!!! That DOES seem tough for you to do....

Pedergraham said...

OK--I want to SQUEEEEEEEZE your little niece (and Boss, too.) She is adorable, and I hope everyone is making a smooth transition. I hope that you recover quickly and can find some cooler temps to run in soon! Enjoy your Kellye-time. Two more week until school gets out here and then I am "Mom" full-time again. Eeeks.
-Danielle

Eileen Swanson said...

Super cute little girl! Sounds like you are having a fun summer! I didn't get to congratulate you on Honu, you did awesome and toughed it out! Woohoo, way to go....

E

Jen said...

Kellye...
Arizona is an AWESOME place to ride (and live). If you (or any of our tri mom bloggers) are up for a road trip, just let me know. I have plenty of room! You may want to pass on summer though...it's going to be 104 today - YIKES!

Danielle said...

She is totally adorable! It is SERIOUSLY hot here! But Clearwater will seem that much easier with all this heat training!

Dolphin Boy said...

BREE....too funny...never a loss for words!:)

Glad you liked the video, I'm lucky to have Bree, we sortof get along in a dorky way!!

Love the images. Have fun with boot camp. Me ride in the heat of GA? NOPE. I'm no puppet either. next time you're in Kona we allwill have to go for a FUN ride. Me and Bree will make you fall off your bike laughing!!

P-

Marit C-L said...

What cutie pie! (But I don't want one yet! :) Sounds like the heat acclimation thing is REALLY starting to work itself out! Man oh man, I can feel it in the Panhandle - anything after 9 am, and I am in NO MOOD to run outside. But I'm more than happy to run. ;) Enjoy the boot camp - those classes and camps are always fun to teach. No doubt the class will love you, and then you'll make them do 50 pushups or 100 lunges or something, and then they'll hate you! But then you'll smile and they'll forget all the "hard" stuff. :)

Mel said...

cutie...perfect skin!!!! I love the boot camp classes..I did one and I remember we did so many squats that I could not walk for days :) I am actually on the look out to join in on the class again....need to tighten some areas up and that class works!!!!