? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy Day and The Best Ride!

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there!

I think my husband got a pretty decent Father's "Day." He kind of celebrated it starting on Friday. I brought him some of his favorite ice cream, a bottle of wine, and some new headphones on Friday night. Saturday and Sunday were a little fuzzy, so I didn't want him to wake up to nothing on either days.

Saturday for his "main" gift... I woke up with the kids when they got up, got all of our stuff together, and promptly left for the day! :) That's right... he got to spend all of Saturday sleeping late and hanging out at the house all by himself with no obligations! Now that is my kind of day!

Today I got the opportunity to get up early and meet up with some friends of mine that were putting on a Team In Training brick at a local place to practice some Open Water swimming. I've never done Open Water swim practice around here and Amy is a great swimmer, so I wanted a chance to even try to hold onto her!

We met at the lake and everyone got their stuff together. It was really cool being around these incredibly inspiring women all preparing for their first or second or so triathlon. Amy said some of them had come from not being able to swim 200 or so yards and everyone completed the swim today, which some said was only 400 yds but Amy and I were convinced it was more like 700! :)

We all practiced a true start and took off at the same time. Amy goes out in front of me and goes out hard! Immediately... I'm full-blown race pace trying to seriously just keep as close to her as possible! She stops at the first of 2 turns so we can just kind of be sure all the TNT people are doing ok and we cheer people on as they make the turn. Then go hard to turn #2. I can't hold onto her feet. She's definitely got me beat! But I love it!! This is what I want... to go out there and chase her down so I can push it super hard and just try to catch her!

We ended up doing 2 total laps and then got ready to ride. She lives in the area and has recently been creating her own route out there. I've gone on the same long ride I'm familiar with in the area countless number of times, so it was really refreshing to do something new and different!

***I'm sorry!!! We interrupt this blog to say that Tiger woods just pulled a great last putt to tie the U.S. Open and go for a second shot for the title tomorrow! Exciting moment at our house. Go TIGER!!*************

Ok... back to my great ride! It seriously was the best! Amy and I rode along and chatted the whole time! We have a lot in common, and she is so genuinely nice! The scenery was beautiful and we rode along for 2:45 together and it didn't even remotely feel like it! And although I have no idea what pace we were holding or how many miles we did because I hit stop on my watch at one point and then never turned it back on... it didn't matter! And aren't those rides where you just don't care because you're just hanging out with friends the best??!!

So thank you Amy, my team mate and friend for letting me be your tag-along today! You're an amazing athlete, and I can only hope that by chasing you as often as I can I can learn to keep up with you one day! :)

Cheers!
K :)

7 comments:

Wes said...

Okaaaay. Fiiiine. If you and Amy don't invite me along for some of this fun stuff, I'm going to lay on my back, kick my feet in the air and CRYYYYY :-) LOL!!! Well, actually, I did 8 miles today on hills (running) and kicked my own buttocks!!! LOL!!

Yea, I saw that last putt by Tiger. That was pretty cool. After he gave up the lead, I thought he was honestly out of it.

That's so very cool that you helped out the TNT'ers. Were they out at Acworth Beach again? That's where Dee Dee and I ran into them last time.

Iron Girl is around the corner! I'm going to be sorely disappointed if I don't get to meet you and your wonderful family there!!!!

Dolphin Boy said...

The best bike rides are those with friends, no watches, no heart rate monitor etc...just good company and scenery. The best workout no coach could prescribe! Just ask Bree about our rides!!hahaha!

I have "special rates" for you mainlander athletes should you need a bike tune-up!! hahaa! LOL!!

P-

kerrie said...

sounds like a fun day! i would definitely do more open water swimming if i could find people to do it with - it is something i need to work on...
i'm glad you found a training partner to inspire you!

:) said...

What a great weekend...!

Anonymous said...

Dad's don't ask for much do they? Just some QUIET alone time! =)

Iron Girl in less than two weeks now!!! YEAH!

Ryan said...

I could tell it was Father's day because I was actually able to watch what I wanted...............so I saw the putt too.

I think that Tiger kid is going to do well one day ;)

Sam said...

I think I know Amy and a lot of the TNT group. She is great and super nice.

You did Daddy Day right! Give my wife a call.