? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, June 23, 2008

Glutton For Punishment!

What a weekend! Sooo much fun following along with the Ironman Races and watching so many friends from Blogger world have truly amazing races!! It really got me fired up to race and have fun with it!

Good thing since this coming weekend I'm racing on both Saturday and Sunday!

Saturday I'm doing something I've never done before... I'm competing in a Team Time Trial. I love cycling and said this year I wanted to play around with it more! Well my good friend and team mate Amy suggested we participate in this event awhile back and we've kind of sat on it awhile. But we both thought it would be fun and so despite the fact that we currently have only 3 members of our team.... despite the fact that we're both racing IronGirl on Sunday.... despite the fact that the Time Trial is actually 19 miles instead of the 9 we thought it was originally... we're on board and it should be fun!!

So then Iron Girl is on Sunday! Again, that should be a fun race. A lot of first timers, so it's always fun to watch them compete and get the thrill from the finish! A lot of local people there, and even some travelers as Kate Monster is even going to be there, so I'm going to try to hook up with her and say hello as well!

I will most likely need some help from you guys by reminding me that I choose to put my weekend together like this and so therefore when I don't do as well as I'd like at this Sprint... well that's ok! :) This weekend is all about fun, so that's what I'm looking forward to.

But I'm mixing it up this year... trying to race maybe a little more and test myself a little. I even managed to force myself out the door last night at 8:30 for a 45 min run after walking all over Six Flags with my kids yesterday! That little part of my mind was saying, "You got plenty of exercise today at Six Flags. You'll just over do it and injure yourself!" But the real me knew I needed to get my butt out there and do it! So in the interest of racing more...pushing harder.... having more fun.... and trying new things.... maybe all this "punishment" won't be so bad after all!!

Congratulations again to everyone who raced this weekend! Paul from PT great job at CDA. Kerrie Wlad... you did amazing! Bree #2 at Ironman Japan... all I have to say is WOW!! And anyone else, great job guys!!

9 comments:

Wes said...

Somehow, I think you'll manage :-)

Dee Dee and I opted to spend the night in Gainesville. A lot of our friends are going to be doing this race, and there's that whole check in the bike the night before the race thing...

Looking forward to seeing you!! Are Adam and the kids coming to watch? That would be awesome to get to meet them too!!

Kevin said...

Wow! Should be an exciting weekend. I will be working packet pickup for iron girl. I will have to look out for you

Lauren Starks said...

Yay! We definitely have to meet up!

:) said...

Ohhhh...a team time trial sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

KELLYE!! I can't wait to meet you this weekend!!

Hey, HAVE FUN with your double race weekend! Yes, it will be painful but ooohhhh such a good time!!

Wes said...

Kellye!! Kate Monster, myself, and four or five tri-peeps from South Carolina are arranging a dinner somewhere between Cumming GA and Emerald Pointe. I have volunteered myself to find a good spot. If you would be interested in joining us, drop myself or Kate Monster an email (which is on our blog).

Marit C-L said...

OH - that sounds like SO MUCH FUN! Can I bike with you guys??? :) IF JH okays it - I would be all for it... I am serious...

Otherwise - really sounds like a fun weekend - good luck! Good vibes your way!

Eileen Swanson said...

BEST WISHES for an awesome double. You can do it and you WILL kick butt! Have a super time!! Loads of fun!

XO,
E

Beth said...

Best of luck this weekend!! TTT are so fun!!! Can't wait to hear how awesome you do.....