? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back to the Track!

Coach Jen had me back at the track this morning for some super-duper repeats!

I of course, do the wise thing and enlist someone to come and suffer with me through it all!

7:45am and we're out there warming up. PERFECT time too as it was not scorching yet here in GA!

2 MILE warm-up followed by 600, 800, and 1200 repeats. The goal was to hit them in right around the same intervals I was doing the 800's on last week. There were 2 sets of each.

I do the first 600, and I'm already huffing it out majorly, and don't quite hit the goal time exactly. But it was in the goal range, so I figured I'd push a little harder next time. On the second one I did hit it, but right on the nose, and thought it was going to kill me!

After the 2 800's and I'm in my 3rd lap of the 1200 I get to thinking about why this is so freaking hard! I'm like this is supposed to be my 10k pace from February! How is it that I can run at this pace on that super hilly course for 6.2 miles yet to do it for a measly 800 or 1200, and I'm dying! My friend with me by the way seemed like he was working hard, but he wasn't by any means suffering. I spent the whole time trying not to get completely dropped by him and that only happened when he decided to stick with me! All this chasing people is HARD!! :) But oh so much needed!

Ok... so in that 3rd lap of my 1200 it occurs to me that wait a min.... THIS wasn't my 10k pace! I did that 10k at a 7:50 pace and here I am pushing to try to hit a 6:40! No wonder this hurts a lot!

I was able to hold roughly a 7min/mile pace for the average of the intervals as a whole and though I realize that is in no way fast... it's a heck of a lot faster than 7:50 so I'll take it.

So I'm glad for the confusion! I pushed WAY harder than I would have had I been out there trying to hold the 7:50 pace, and I proved that I can go a lot faster when I try really stinking hard!! I mean it's my goal to be running 10k's at that 6:45 pace in the not too far off future, so I guess I better start trying to push it there now!!

So as it seems... I've got my swim, bike, and run bunny rabbits! Some fast as all get out people to pace me and I'm SUPER competitive, so just know... I'm out to pass ya!! Thanks guys! You are the best!
K :)

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Sounds like you definitely had a breakthrough workout. A 10K at 6:45 cant be too far off

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee hee!! LOVE that track! Nice work, Kellye!! Get those legs moving!! Jen H.

Marit C-L said...

Way to go Kellye! GREAT workout! I would try my best to keep up, but you would drop my sorry butt before you could say "huffing and puffing!"

Nice job - this is what it takes!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Great job - laughed when I read this as I have worked my way through my love/hate relationship with the track. All your hard work will pay off!

:) said...

Dang, speedy!

Danielle said...

You are getting SOOOOO fast!

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

sounds like a good workout! That track work will really help you out! I love the family pic :)
-marn