? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Winding Down!

That's what May is all about! Well for me it seems anyways!

Ballet is over... Baseball wrapped this weekend... I taught one of my last "official" spin classes for the summer this evening. (I'll head back after the summer as I'm sure I'll be missing it by then :).... This is our last week of school.... This is my last week at the restaurant.... AND I'm supposed to be tapering! Although I haven't really felt the taper benefits just yet!

Yesterday was a relatively lighter swim, but today was my usual spin class workout with instructions to "WORK HARD" followed by a 25 min T run on the treadmill. The first 5 min was run "HARD" and then 20 min at 10k pace. Well I feel like I had a little "rite of passage" moment tonight as I actually threw-up a little bit and swallowed it after that first 5 min on the treadmill! For you non-athlete people you're probably thinking, "Ew.. GROSS!!" But I've never done that before! I mean I've been nauseous, and I'm also one of those people that it takes A LOT for me to get to that throw-up point. I am that person that will feel so bad I WISH I could just throw-up, but it's a rare thing for me. Cooper on the other hand throws up at the drop of a hat. He got hot at his game this weekend, came home threw-up 3 times, and then was fine! So the fact that I actually kind of did tonight, meant a lot!!

But it's all good! Hard core speed stuff this week, less intensity this weekend, and then next week... I'M OFF!!

I can't wait for SUMMER!!

I've been reading, "Eat, Pray, Love" and it's so good! The best thing is that I'm actually reading again! I haven't read a book in a long time. I've been too tired and too short on time to devote myself to a whole book. I tend to just flip through magazines for the past, gosh... 2 years or so, and I LOVE to read. I've grown up as one of those people that tends to always be in the middle of a book. I just go from one to another. So, I'm determined to stick with it! I haven't even read the final Harry Potter Book!! That's kind of a big deal that I haven't read that book. I've started, but just can't get through the longer chapters before totally crashing at night, and my kids will NOT let me read when they're around. Mommy not paying attention to them... That will not do :) So don't tell me what happens, because that's next!!

My new favorite treat.... The original Bear Naked Granola mixed with Dark Chocolate M & M's and Cranraisins!! Ah... It is like the BEST!! It's good for you! It's very sweet, so you don't want/need a lot to get your "fix!" Deelicious!!

I think that's all my happenings for the past couple of days!
Thanks for reading!
K :)

8 comments:

Danielle said...

I guess that congrats are in order on your mini-puke? Pretty funny....I haven't pushed myself that hard recently....my pukes have been more about acid reflux or too many gels!

Wes said...

OMG! I thought "Ewww. That's gross!" LOL! What does that make me? ROFL!!! I am SO excited for your upcoming 70.3. I know. I'm just selfish like that. To damn bad!!! I want you to WIN :-D

Glad things are winding down for you. Keeping things simple makes life so much more pleasant. I just ordered three books and a DVD off of Amazon. I got Becoming an Ironman, a Robin Miller cookbook, and Swimming for Triathletes. I got some good reading ahead of me!!

Anonymous said...

OH YEAHHHHH! NICE T run, Kellye! :) hee hee....and, yes, winding down...you deserve it!! :) Jen H.

kerrie said...

nice! i'm a total puker - but it's a good thing:), it means that you are pushing yourself hard!
welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

That's the sign of a kick ass workout!! I think you are officially ready for Hawaii now!

TriBunny said...

Nice work! Glad to see that things are coming together for you ;) Enjoy your rest week.

Jen said...

I loved Eat Pray Love! Awesome book!

Ashley said...

Ewwwww ;) You thew up in your mouth?! AWESOME. Very hardcore. Way to rock it. JH must be so proud.