? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Random Weekend Musings!!

1) The meaning of words!!
Friday night I was at the Physical Therapy office getting some PT. I'm not usually there on a Friday evening, but I've been sticking to my physical therapy plan!! Well apparently a lot of the young high schoolers are currently visiting the clinic on Friday evenings as well. The adults find it rather humorous as they go about their little stories of life's dramas! Well as I was getting ready to leave, Laura and I were discussing when I should come back. She suggested Monday, and I said I'd try to push it to Tuesday since the kids will be in school then. However, I had a SUPER huge weekend and said that I very well may need to come in on Monday because I'd probably be "TRASHED."

Well I didn't see the looks on the young girls' faces, but I did see it on Laura's face as she started laughing at the young high school girls. See apparently the word "Trashed" means something entirely different to a teenager than it does to us tri-geeks. The were under the impression that I meant that by Monday I'd be trashed from drinking so much!! Ha ha!! It's been a LONG time since that's happened! :)

2) When you're on a REALLY long ride... you have a lot of time to think!! After seeing dozens of election signs, I realized that one of the signs I've seen over and over was for the coroners position.... Ok... I'm not downplaying this role, but WHY is this an elected position??? I mean are there people lining up for this job?? Just curious!

3)Hills have NOT been my friend this weekend! :)

4) I leave for Hawaii in less than 2 weeks!!

5) Congratulations to all the racers this weekend!! All I have to say is WOW!!

6) We wrapped up baseball this weekend. It was kind of sad. Watching my Cooper get his MUCH earned and MUCH desired trophy today was the highlight of it all!!

8 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

So much drama in those high-schoolers... I'm glad that part of life is over!!

Kevin said...

Wow. I didnt realize that we elected coroner's here. I wonder how many people actually run for that office

Jen said...

Great job COOPER! My kids LOVE getting trophies. They set them up in thier room and show ANYONE who comes over to our house. It's really cute.

Eileen Swanson said...

Yes, so much to think about on long rides. Sometimes it's great to get the wheels spinnin' and thinking and wondering..... It helps clear it out! I am so excited for you to go to Honu! I was almost talked into it, but Coach and I agreed that Boise was so much closer and quicker and I wouldn't have to miss work. But I will miss meeting you in person. Hmmm, one of these days we will have to meet ;-)

Have an awesome week,
E

Wes said...

Yea, I need to get trashed :-) It's been a while! LOL!!! I don't think it's conducive to recovery though. I can't believe Hawaii is coming up so fast!! Woo hoo!!!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I bet you are training hard for Hawaii! How is the injury coming along? Seems like you are doing well! (P.S. have your family buy YOU a trophy for all your hard work and effort!)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Steve...so glad I am done with high school and all the crap!

Sometimes we all need a good long run/ride/swim to clear our heads. It's amazing sometimes how much that helps.

Hawaii is coming up fast! You are going to do awesome. You have been working super hard so now enjoy the trip and the race.

Mel said...

Ha..yeah we have to watch the tri talk as people might think we are talking about party life...we are such crazy party animals :) Hawaii is coming up...are you SO ready...what a nice trip that will be for you and Adam!!!