? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Daily Accomplishments!

Have you ever had one of those days where you just feel successful?

You know... it's a good day, but not necessarily because anything special or monumental happened. You just got a lot accomplished, and you had a few small little moments that made you appreciate your life and what you have!

That has been my day!

7:00 Get awakened with a "It's mourning time Mommy!" from Gracie!

7:30 Finally get my lazy self out of bed and spend the next hour picking up my house without too much effort, getting everyone dressed, lunches packed, the check for the teacher's gift in Gracie's bookbag finally and out the door!

8:40-9:00 Sing and Dance to "Yellow Submarine", Sing and Dance to "Help!", Repeat this pattern x 3! (Adam and I have been into a Beatles kick lately. We've both been listening to "One" in the car lately and Cooper's favorite song is "Help!". Gracie's... "Yellow Submarine" of course. You are REQUIRED to sing and dance along when you're in the car or else Gracie will NOT have it! :)

9:00 Drop off the kids and go through the McDonalds driveway for my usual morning Diet Coke only to be given a FREE chicken biscuit! I'm a southern girl... Chicken Biscuits are DEElicious!!

9:30 Come home and get myself physically and mentally ready for my Hill Repeats. 9 of them up a ferocious hill in my neighborhood. WHOA!!

10:30 Feel like I'm going to Puke/Die/Pass Out on side of the road when finishing my last set of hill repeats. An old Indian man stood out there on the side of the road and watched me for the final set. I couldn't decide if it was freaking me out, or inspiring me to look more like a bad ass in doing it! :) Good news I guess that my heart rate was so up there that I couldn't really think straight to care! :)

10:45 After a nice warm shower, I finally got to enjoy that DEElicious southern style FREE chicken buiscuit. And doesn't the fact that it's free make it that much more good!! :)

11:00-12:30 Finally sat down to do my work. Seriously got more accomplished in this hour and a half than I have in awhile!! All that little stuff that you brush off but builds up... RSVP's, balancing the checkbook, responding to lord knows how many emails where people probably thought I really HAD died, and restaurant stuff.

1:00 Pick up kids... Repeat 3 more times the "Help!"/ "Yellow Submarine" routine

1:30 Come Home and finish up a few things still left to do. I am such a wimp too!! I've spent the past 3 days backing down from 2 jobs! One would wonder why it would take this long, but it's because I don't do it abruptly. I twist it around to sound like I'm not really doing it because I'm such a WIMP!! I finally managed today though to confirm that I want to take the summer off from my Spin classes since I'm going to be travelling a lot this summer AND I stepped down from the restaurant after May. I find that stuff so hard. I don't want to put anyone out, hurt anyone's feelings, come across as the Big B word.... BUT... the good news is I did it so that hopefully life will be MUCH less complicated from this point forward! :) AND I have put together a proposal for the training job to jump start that part of my life with some tri- clinics and training classes and what not!

2:00 I actually remembered to put dinner in the crockpot... I can't believe it!

So even if the day ended here, I'd say it was a success. I'm pretty much done with all of my work stuff. I'm going to go veg out in front of the t.v. watching some "Sex and the City" reruns while folding clothes. Actually sounds nice!

Then I have a date with my trainer tonight for 1:30. Ohhh... And I'm looking forward to it as I've already prepped Adam for the fact that he will be on babysitter duty so that I can ride behind my bedroom door all by my lonesome!! Can't wait!

So I hope all of you are having a great day! I guess you could say this whole quitting thing is quite liberating!! Best to you all!
K :)

9 comments:

Wes said...

That post is TOO happy :-) I need to drop something on my foot or something like that... No, wait a minute. I'm going to need it this weekend. Never mind :-D Thanks for all the support! I do very much appreciate it!!

BreeWee said...

This is too funny, great moms must think alike! I was going to do a post today about a day in my life with it all timed out like this...
Glad you got so much done!

I am so excited for you and the hubby to get here... you are in for one HOT VOGGY 70.3!

As for the suits, seriously, when Karlynn used to give me her Speedo's I felt like I was faster, or pretended to swim like her... I will certainly hand-you-down a Splish when you get to Kona if you want one :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, this post made me happy too, b/c i know you have been SUPER BUSY, but I couldn't get PAST THE DIET COKE OR McDonald's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Jen H.
PS Nice job on your hill repeats!

TriBunny said...

Whew! You wore me out reading it. Go girl. O BTW, I love the Beatles. One of my favorite memories as kid was going to see Beatlemania in Chicago at the Blackstone Theatre with my parents. Great job with the balancing act and with giving yourself permission to cut out the extra stuff so that you can focus in on what's most important ;)

Jen said...

YOU ROCK! Giving up some of that "work" stuff has helped already! Enjoy the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

Sounds successful and very fun! Sometimes in order to complete all the daily accomplishments, one MUST give into to the Diet Coke! (Sorry Jen...she did hill repeats for heavens sake!)

kerri said...

Hi Kelleye!!

Sounds like you made the right move by stepping down from those jobs..WHEW, it was tough just READING through your schedule. No worries...it's all good!!! YEAH!

Kevin said...

Sounds like you made the right decision giving up the extra jobs so you can really focus on what you want to do. Good luck with the training job. It sounds like that is where your heart really is

Brooke Myers said...

I love these kind of days.. I just had one of my own this week too. The whole day feels great - no worries...
Yours however was more detailed than mine...
Sounds like a day to keep in the books for later...