? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, May 29, 2008

ALOHA!!!



I'M HERE!! I'M HERE!!!


If you can't tell....my excitement, my nerves.... , me.... we've all arrived here in Kona!


It is so great to finally be here. Yes, the flight was long, and no unfortunately I could not sleep in that tight little space on the plane, but it went by fairly quickly, and now I'M HERE!!


It is so funny being here too because it's brought back so many memories. Adam and I came to Maui for our honeymoon almost 9 years ago!! I can't believe it has been that long.


And what's funny is this morning I was thinking about how this race seriously feels like all of my wedding drama!


Adam and I started dating in high school and got engaged after my first year of college. That meant I had a LONGGGG time to plan my wedding! 2 and 1/2 years of planning!


Believe it or not, it turned out to be an advantage from the planning department of Atlanta weddings. Those stinking wedding people book up years in advance, so that was good, but that is a super long time to stress, worry, and fret over something.


Of course I was young too. I was 19 when I got engaged and turned 21 less than one month before my wedding day. I stressed and worried ENTIRELY too much! :) I guess a lot of brides do no matter their age, but of course I can look back now on it and laugh at myself.


I was no bridezilla, but you get caught up in everything being PERFECT! And I truly did have an amazingly beautiful wedding. Something I'll always cherish of course.


But I was reminded of it this morning as I woke up to the sounds of waves and suddenly all of the stress and worries about my race just kind of washed right over me.


Just like building up to my wedding there were the moments of freak out that Katherine didn't have tights that matched, and did my Dad's tux fit properly, and so on and so forth. But then suddenly after all of that hard work when the Rehearsal dinner finally came..... none of it mattered anymore. I still wanted my wedding to be beautiful, and I still had those excited, nervous jittery-bugs, but I was no longer "sweating the small stuff." Because it had arrived. It was time to STOP planning and ENJOY every moment that I'd spent the past 2 and 1/2 years choreographing!


That is exactly how I felt today! I've been so worried about my swim, my splits, the wind, the heat, my bike getting here, getting the kids situated, traveling, etc... But this morning... all of that is done. I've worked so hard all year to get here, and I'M HERE!!


So it is time to ENJOY!! I mean this obviously doesn't mean that I can just kick my feet up and NOT do what I came here to do. I still proceeded with the ceremony and reception, and I still have a race to do! :) But the stress and worry is gone.


I'm so excited and having so much fun and so thankful to be Here! :)

Mahalo to you all!!

K :)

16 comments:

Wes said...

Mahalo :-) Leave all your worries on the plan. You guys have a good time and ROCK IT!!!

Wes said...

oops, meant plane of course :-)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time out there!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it now sit back and enjoy! Soak up the sun, race hard, and remember to take some pictures of us!

TriBunny said...

Wow! Have a wonderful time and ENJOY yourself. You're going to love it. Time to Rock N Roll Girl. Let yourself shine ;)

Sam said...

ENJOY!

Pedergraham said...

Good luck this weekend and hope you get to see DOLPHINS, too!
-Danielle

rr said...

Welcome to Hawaii Kellye! Hope to see you out there on Saturday..
Have a great race!
Rachel

Danni said...

Good luck Kellye!!!
Enjoy Hawaii

kerri said...

Sounds like you are feeling much better. That pic is MAAARVELOUS! Have fun, race hard, enjoy!

Mel said...

Good luck Kellye...have fun and enjoy your beautiful surroundings..get some goofy photo's with Bree and Brooke :)

Brooke Myers said...

I am soooooooooo Happy I finally got to meet you and your husband... How much fun to see you here at our local bikeshop....

I sure hope you have an amazing day out there tomorrow.. Give it your heart and I'll be looking for you on the course :)

Marit C-L said...

OOOOHHHHHHH! SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Have a WONDERFUL time, enjoy the race, and soak up the BEAUTIFUL sun/sand/and surf. BIG HUG to you and to Adam... and the kiddies (naturally). I'll be thinking about you and sending you TONS of GOOD VIBES!

Go Kellye Go! Go Kellye GO!!!

BreeWee said...

Kel, tomorrow I will be at the race no matter what. Either cheering for Brooke and you all or racing (I find out from coach if I am racing at 5:30am when I meet with him... fingers crossed).

I am bummed I never met up with you at the shop... I still have all the bars and gels if you need them!! Maybe too late now, but I have em; if you get this!

Have a GREAT race and have so much fun! You worked hard to be here and this place is magical for you and the hubby... go hard, make it count, then RELAX and enjoy!

BY the way, Jim and I have a hotel there at Mauna Lani Saturday night.... PLEASE post race use it for a hot shower or whatever you need before awards/dinner so you don;t have to drive all the way to your hotel if you are far!

My number is 938-7904. JUST call from the hotel lobby & PLEASE use it if you need to! We have invited all our local friends too so they don;t have to drive home and you can just use our room number so you both can sneak into the pool- give them our number, they won't care. I will see you post race to give it to you and Brooke will have it too!

HAVE a blast... salt up...it's voggy you'll need it!

kerrie said...

i am sooooo jealous! enjoy the whole day and race super fast. you have put the time in so just get out there and do it! i will be cheering for here :)

Anonymous said...

Kellye-Way to stay tough out there on a tough day, Kellye! Congrats on your race AND 70.3 slot!!! Jen H. :)