? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Random Stuff!


Life has been really busy this week! So life has just been a conglomeration of the following!:


*I'M TIRED!! :) I came home from Disney needing a vacation! ha... ha! And then of course I had to get right back into the swing of daily life! After that 5 hour brick on Sunday, I've pretty much been moving non-stop between training, teaching, physical therapy (see... I told you I wouldn't skip it anymore no matter what :) ballet, baseball, house work, etc. I've barely been able to pack all my stuff at the end of the evening for the next day in time!! But I keep thinking about my Sunday schedule which says if I get all of my training done during the week, I can have Sunday off! Not that I wouldn't get my training done, but I've kind of applied that general rule to all of my daily "chores", so I'm just powering through it thinking... Mother's Day... Mother's Day... Mother's Day!!


*Mother's Day is going to be busy too, which maybe I can somehow squeeze in a do-nothing day sometime next week. BUT... it's going to be an awesome day! Brunch at my brother's restaurant with my parents and family and then my Gracie girl's ballet recital that night! I can't think of any other way I'd rather spend Mother's day than watching my sweet little baby girl in her ballet recital! :)


*I've been actually cooking dinner a lot this week! I know that sounds funny, but when things are normally this busy, it's sooo much easier to eat cereal or swing through Wendy's or a sandwich or something. But after eating out so much on vacation, ugh... I wanted REAL food!

It's been a little bit of a challenge willing myself into it some nights. I'm tired, and don't feel like it at first, but once I get going, I have really been enjoying it! Cooking for me can be soothing almost. If you're doing it without watching the clock or being in a hurry, you can just get into the moment and relax. Tonight I actually made homemade mashed potatoes! I haven't done that in a LONG time and ohhh they were yummy!! A special recipe maybe I'll share one day ;)


*My bike FINALLY has a name! So my problem was I was trying to force it. However, I've realized that WE do not chose our bikes names, it just comes about! When Marit was here, we were brainstorming, but I couldn't get anything to stick. It wasn't that I didn't like the ideas we all came up with, it just wasn't hitting me like AH-HA! Well when Adam and I were unloading my bike at St. Anthony's for me to do a quick ride on it before I turned it in, he started dying laughing and said he'd just named my bike! Of course I knew it had to be something ridiculous! :) Here's what he gives me.... CARBON ELECTRA!! I was like what??!! Well wouldn't you believe that while I was riding that bike during the St. Anthony's race, I thought of it and started laughing and it made me feel better. So there you have it! It's stuck! Carbon Electra!! I guess that means she's a HOTTIE!!


*Pugs NOT Drugs!!


*I've spent the afternoon freaking out about getting my bike to Kona. FYI to all of you Kona hopefuls in October... The airlines have changed their baggage policies. If I was going to fly with my bike out there... Delta would charge me $350, and from what we've been told... no more bike cases. It has to be packed in a bike box that is less than 80 inches total width, height, and length... Good luck with even accomplishing that. Well since Adam and I are flying Delta to San Francisco and then United from San Francisco to Kona, I'd have to pay extra fees to BOTH airlines. When it's all said and done, $720 to fly my bike to Hawaii and back! That's more than what I'm paying for ME to get out there! So look to shipping it... UPS 2nd day air... $320 each way!! That's a total of $640. The cheapest way is the Post Office for $150 each way, BUT you've got to allow 12 days NOT including Sunday. So in order to get my bike out there in time for the race, I have to ship it 2 weeks before my race!! AHH!! So, I'm going to have to figure out someway to get my bike out there where I can still actually train for the race and it NOT cost me a gazillion dollars!!


**My husband would give up a foot for $10 million!! Am I the only person that wouldn't voluntarily give up body parts for money?? :)


Ok... I guess THAT is what I've been up to... :) Good Luck this weekend all you Gulf Coasters!! Have fun and race Fast!!

K :)

11 comments:

Wes said...

I love to cook! I can't wait for soccer practice to be over so I can get more cooking in :-) Congrats on finally naming the bike! Woo hoo!! I'm a firm believer in waiting until somebody, in this case Adam, feels the name. Very cool!

Happy Mother's Day! No missed training these next two days, ya hear? ;-)

BreeWee said...

Kel! Yikes, let me know if you need to ship your bike to Kona and maybe we can get it for you!!!!

You will be here so soon for HONU! I am so happy for you and that little family photo is great...

BreeWee said...

OH one more thing... LOVE the bike name and I am happy you named her a chick name too, Jim gives me crap for naming mine Tila Tequila but HELLO it is white and hot pink and too much fun... no boy name matches that.

Danni said...

Hi Kellye!
Have you tried your local tri stores?? Some of the ones around here will ship it for you...
Worth a try...

Sam said...

A vacation at Disney will wipe you out! That is the best bike name I've heard yet.

kerrie said...

i guess i need to name my bike!
i can't believe what the airlines are charging...that's crazy! me and my bike in a box still weigh less than GG!
let us know what you end up doing and how much it is:)

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the airlines are charging so much for bike boxes but not golf clubs? They are heavier than bikes anway. I don't get it! We all feel your pain!

Jen said...

Have you looked in to TriBikeTransport.com or any of those kind of companies? Might eliminate some of the hassle. Glad you guys had a good trip to Disney!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Hope you find a reasonable way to get your bike to Hawaii. I have a feeling the airlines are getting ridiculous with their charges because of how crazy the gas prices are! Have a great Mothers Day!

Beth said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch with those bike fees!!! That is so ridiculous especially since golfers can fly their golf clubs for free just like any other piece of luggage. And our bikes don't weigh much more than a huge bag of clubs!! Good luck finding something!!

Happy Mother's Day to you!! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!

rr said...

Oh MY. I love Carbon Electra. That is an awesome name. Hi Kellye :) Look forward to meeting you at Honu! - Rachel