? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Last Week!!


A 10 week summer vacation is now coming to a close.... time goes by so quickly doesn't it?


This is our final week before heading back to school. Well... Cooper that is. He starts Kindergarten on Monday, August 4th and so that's big news in our household! Gracie will go back to her private preschool that her and Cooper have gone to since the beginning. The Atlanta area no longer offers public pre-k, so I'll be paying for one more year's worth of school!


We headed to Target today to pick up our list of school supplies. Holy Cow!! It's a lot of stuff!! But of course we had fun picking out our new book bags and lunch boxes for the year. Final decisions were made on Hello Kitty backpack with a princess lunch box and a Speed Racer book bag with a Sponge Bob Lunch box. Some of my favorite memories of school as a child revolves around those special lunch boxes and trapper-keepers (this shows how old I am!! Do they even make trapper-keepers any longer??)! So I didn't argue or butt in my judgement at all. I let them choose exactly what they saw to be perfect! :)


Of course for me as one chapter comes to an end and another is about to begin, I always reflect back to what my original plans for that time period were and whether or not I accomplished what I had set out to do or not. My original plan for this summer was to cut back on a lot of my duties and try to relax some. Well... it's a good thing I did, because I've been really busy this summer and can't imagine what it would have been like had I tried to include everything!! :)


There were projects that I had hoped to accomplish that didn't even get touched. There were many naps missed, and not near enough time spent at the pool just yet, but overall it's been a great summer! I've had the opportunity to go to some really cool places and spend time developing my new career as well as and most importantly hang out with the two coolest people on the planet!


And though we've just about had it with each other... I'm ready for them to head back to school as I'm sure they're ready to not have to look at me all day long and get to see their friends more often... each summer really is kind of like one of life's little chapters, and I will definitely cherish this one!


I know that I'm probably the only person out there that will be dealing with school buses and packed lunches in less than a week, so to all of you people out there still enjoying your summer, I hope that you soak up every last bit of it!! I know we will be for the next 5 days!!

6 comments:

Kevin said...

I guess that means I have to start getting up 30 minutes earlier really soon :(

Anonymous said...

You are really enjoying your life..! Well, last week I too got some school supplies from Target.

Anonymous said...

i just viewed your page today and boy you are very busy!!!!im going to try an take advantage of the tax free weekend to pick u school supplies for lil derrick and destiny and that should be fun:) "lol"

Pedergraham said...

I LOVED my Trapper Keepers. Hope the first week of school goes smoothly. We don't start back unitl after Labor Day!

Eileen Swanson said...

Enjoy your last couple of days of summer fun! Oh, school supply shopping, wow as a kid that was so fun to do ;-) Someday when we have kids.......not in the near future though ;-)

E

BreeWee said...

I thought of you today... Kainoa had is first ever day of "day school", it was only 2 hrs, but it reminded me of you and your little ones heading back to school!