? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hotter Than Hell Texas!!


We made it!

13:20 and we made it!

It occurred to me that I finished my Ironman in considerable less time than it took me to ride in the car to get here! I think I'd rather do an Ironman! :)

It honestly wasn't that bad. My kiddos were big troopers! That is a long enough ride to make any decent adult get delirious, and they hung in there quite well! The best rider award goes to Rocky!! He kept in a small space on the floor board of the front seat the entire time, except for a few walks on our stops.

If you've ever been around a pug... they do this breathing thing that is REALLY loud. Adam and I have gotten to were we really don't notice it that much. He doesn't do it all the time, just when he gets hot or excited. Well he did it for the first several hours of the trip until he finally threw up a little in the car and fell asleep!

We did make it in just enough time to BBQ and enjoy some margaritas and sparklers!

Today I woke up tired. I could feel the car trip in my body as I was kind of sore and achey. I didn't worry about getting started too much... I was just kind of going with the flow.

By the time I did get started it was after 11am. In Texas that = HOT! I really didn't mind too much because I could use/ am getting used to the heat. I had a 2 hour ride, so decided to just do an out an back. Things were going Great! I was thoroughly enjoying my ride. The new scenery and my new Cold Play c.d.! The roads out here are paved, but not well. It gets so stinking hot out here it's hard to keep the pavement "smooth." It wasn't bothering me too badly on the way out, but by the time that I turned around the heat was getting to me a bit. I realized that I must have had a tailwind happening on the way out because now I was heading STRAIGHT into a strong headwind! The road at this point and on this side of the road was atrocious!! My butt was killing me! But it wasn't THAT long of a ride, so I decided not to worry about and just get it together.

I came back home with a 30 min run looming. Though it was hotter than an oven outside, I felt good and things were well.

So this is great training if you need some heat and wind training. All Kona bound people... schedule your trips to Dallas!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I'll post pictures tomorrow from our "cowdeo" tonight!!

9 comments:

Paul said...

That is a seriously long trip!! That's pretty cool the kiddos did alright on something so long. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Wes said...

I bought the new Cold Play CD as well. It's very cool :-) Try not to melt!!

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh, 13 something hours in a car with the children! Yikes... I guess it can't be too much worse than 14 in a plane!

Have fun, enjoy the trip and family!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

You must have had a DVD player, right? It takes us 14 to get to PA from here so I feel your pain. Enjoy your trip!

Kevin said...

Good to hear you survived that long in the car with the kiddos :) . Enjoy Texas.

kerrie said...

i'm with you - i'd rather do an ironman than spend that time in the car! we finally made it home and it wasn't pretty...i begged GG to let me drive for awhile on the crappy single lane, no shoulder roads just so i could escape entertaining the baby for awhile.
enjoy your time there!

Mel said...

Have fun in TX!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I should go there and train for IM Louisville!

I'm so glad your kids traveled well. That's a long darn ways to go in a car. My kids wouldn't make it that long without the dvd player, and nintendo ds's to keep them entertained!

Jen said...

13:30....All that matters in this world is that you make it in less than 17 hrs :)