? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving was a little different for me this year, but so much fun! I did something that I've never done before, which was to actually volunteer at a race. I've said it over and over again that it is something that I would like to do. However, I always end up racing them instead :) But with Ironman being only 3 weeks in the past, and my foot injury, running the half was not an option. So, my friend Mike recommended I volunteer this year to still have some sort of participation in the event. I thought it was a great way to give back to the racing community that I've been apart of for the past several months and cheer on my friends competing. In addition to that, you get an awesome embroidered hooded sweatshirt! How can you turn that down?!! So rain and all, I got up early and went to my post to support and direct traffic.

As expected, it ended up being so much fun! I cheered for like 4 hours! Adam's always told me how hard being a race fan is with all the searching, walking, standing, waiting, cheering, etc., but I've given him a hard time in the past. Well let me just say, it wasn't easy :) I didn't curse the rain because we need it so desperately, but I did get wet and cold to say the least! But to be out there encouraging so many different types of runners, was really amazing. And let me say, when I race in the future, I'll be sure to thank a volunteer. I always try to remember when I'm out there, but sometimes you get zoned. But it was so nice when people did, and SO many people did.

Everyone was in great spirits despite the rain, and I have to give those marathoners credit for getting out there and running 26.2 miles with not a ton of support. I also signed up to volunteer at the National Swim Competition next weekend, which should be awesome. I'll keep you posted on that!

The rest of the day went just as great. Came home and got in a good base ride on my trainer while finishing up the Thanksgiving Parade on t.v. It was my first time back on my bike since the race, and it was nice to "get back in the saddle again" :) Santa on t.v. was a big edition to the day as well.

From there it was on to the wonderful Franklin, GA for the Johnson Family Thanksgiving Dinner, which is always a blast. 20+ people running all over the place with dogs, kids, you name it. Tons of food and booze! What more can you ask for. And if you're like Gracie where you're thankful for your "Giant Pillow", making it back home for a good night's sleep at the end of a long day is the perfect way to end it all.

Well, off to my new obsession. Yes, I am officially addicted to Guitar Hero! My Nephew-in-law (if that is such a thing) was sweet enough to let me borrow his xbox 360 and guitar hero set for the next week. I become addicted to these games!!! Yes it's awesome, and no I'm not in high school, but you can't say anything unless you can play it and NOT love it.
So if you don't hear from me in a week, you know what I'll be doing. Let's just hope I don't trade in my tri-team for the aspiration of competing in the local guitar hero championship at the bars in Atlanta!


Until next time!

K

0 comments: