? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, November 12, 2007

Foot Injury Update!

Ok, so one of the main reasons behind the creation of this page is because I've talked/emailed a ton of people today about this already and thought this seemed more productive! For those of you who don't already know, I got my MRI results back today, and it was good news! As it turns out, the bone is not broken nor is the tendon torn. He said that when I twisted my foot on the reflector during the race that it stretched and bruised my muscle. Not so great for a muscle that had already been through quite a bit of mileage that day. Then when I continued to run on it for another 14 miles, it just continued to make it worse.

However, it is getting better already! I've now been in an aircast for a week and staying off of it has really helped. It is now finally back to my normal size square foot! I've been able to swim a little and rode a stationary bike very easily this past weekend. Dr. Peebles, wonderful Dr. from the Atlanta Foot and Ankle Center, said to continue to wear the cast for another week and then to wean myself out of it. I feel optimistic to the point that I should be running in a couple of weeks!

Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts and wishes!

1 comments:

mike said...

Sounds like a speedy recovery