? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 30, 2007

Fit? By What Definition?

Adam and I decided to go over to Blanket's Creek and do a little Mountain Bike riding today while the kids were in school. We are lucky enough to live very close to another awesome park that is owned and maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers. It is several trails that wind through the woods and brush up against Lake Allatoona. It is a truly beautiful place. I have mostly ran the trails there in the past. They build LOTS of strength with all of the hills and jumping around to avoid rocks and stumps!

We've ridden together once before about a year ago when he was training for his first Mt. Bike race. I suggested that we do this because I'm supposed to be participating in fun activities that don't "seem" like exercise. I remembered it being a lot of fun last time. Perfect plan, right?

Well other than the fact that I saw my life flash before my eyes about 4 times before narrowly missing giant trees or miraculously avoiding a huge stump, it was fun. I should also mention that even in my "Ironman bask of glory", Adam and the trails completely kicked my ass!

I started out feeling good, but the first hill came, and I was immediately out of the saddle with my heart rate god only knows where! The next 4 + miles was me riding "too slow" as I tried to cautiously maneuver myself through narrow, bumpy paths.

It really was lots of fun, especially since I did kind of suck at it! It was just funny to see Adam, who rides this trail often, sailing in front of me. It goes to show you that being "fit" depends on what environment you happen to be in at the time :)

0 comments: