? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Official... I'm OLD!!

Yep... yesterday I went and had my eyes checked and am now wearing glasses to help me read and be on the computer! Adam thinks I needed them BECAUSE I am constantly staring at a glaring computer screen all day. :) Might be a little truth in that!


A couple of tips in purchasing glasses:

1. Do NOT bring a 5 year old and 4 year old along. Chances are they will meander through the mecca of glasses trying them on and leaving them all over in random places. They might possibly even pick up random pencils off of the floor and try to color on the expensive looking Tommy Bahama ivory display. I will say that Cooper was as he put it, on blue during the glasses occasion. However, Gracie... well... officially was on yellow but red was threatened quite a bit!

2. Allow yourself LOTS of time. Glasses are really hard to pick out! You've got square, round, oval, squarish-round, roundish-square. Throw on top of that that I have a head the size of my 5 year old, so nothing fit!

3. Be prepared to spend money! Yep, even with insurance... those suckers are expensive, and I'll tell you why. Because now glasses have gone Designer. Fendi, Gucci, Prada, Coach, Juicy, you name it, they had it! Apparently Fendi is the creme de la creme and cost a whopping $500 for the frames! Didn't even look at those because as my eyes glanced past them, I noticed a few pairs that looked rather perfect. I am drawn to the expensive stuff. It's like my mind literally gravitates towards it! But come on!! However, I mean this is my new look we're talking about. This is not something to bargain shop for. And with my little face, it wasn't my fault the Coach glasses were the perfect fit! :)

4. Don't be afraid to ask for help. When the girl first offered to assist me, my first thought was... no thanks. Not a fan of the personal shopper experience. However, quickly realized that there's a lot more to what you see. Pairs come in different colors and different sizes and so what appears to be around 1000 choices is really more like 10,000! Unless you want to spend a week picking them out, ask for help!

After this somewhat painful experience, I had another, wow... I'm really getting old moment! Adam and I were talking about random stuff last night when I told him that my mother had called me earlier that day to get me to look up on the Internet if there was a Piccadilly in the Douglasville mall! :) We thought it was funny. But then, we started to reminisce about our Piccadilly/Morrison's experiences. We literally set there drooling over the idea of their yeast rolls, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and the baked macaroni and cheese with the sort of crust on top! Don't know if you northerners have these southern style cooking restaurants up there, but Piccadilly is about as Southern as it gets! It's cafeteria style, buttered up, grease filled goodness! The jello squares in the little round bowls actually count as a salad! Yes... salad. Would you like a salad with your meal mam?? Oh, no thank you... I have my green jello!

The thing about Piccadilly is that 90% of it's patrons are probably receiving their S.S. benefits! The others are the grandchildren that get drug along. That was me! And after having my conversation with Adam last night about all of that southern goodness... I wonder if I can sneak in one final Piccadilly meal before returning to the "healthy side"???

8 comments:

Wes said...

Speak fo yo self, young lady!!

mike said...

Picadilly.....that place smells like fried food and death

Jennifer Harrison said...

Yeah, you are SO old. HA! Cute new glasses...I am still not blind yet, AMAZING as I stare at the computer ALL day! :) Jen h.

Anonymous said...

I love Piccadilly! Southern style food is right, and the fried chicken and mac & cheese rock!!!

Ryan said...

Hey Grandma! At least you don't have a gold chain with sea shells hanging off of your glasses.

When its my turn I am going to do it like Bono and just make it cool looking sunglasses.

Oh, and just kiddin' about the Grandma comment ;)

Kevin said...

$500! Ouch.I just cant see spending that much on glasses that I know I will end up breaking at some point.

Danielle said...

You look great with glasses!

adam mills said...

Gracie reminds me so much of Kat!!