? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, November 17, 2008

Back On the Wagon... "Well kind of!"

*Me on my birthday. Ummm... Icing!!

As of 8:45am on Saturday morning, I've been trying to once again wean myself off of my greatest addiction... Sugar.

See... after Clearwater, my final race of the 2008 season, I began my Off Season. Starting with a much needed break!

A break from workouts. Yes... I'm finishing day number 9 of doing virtually nothing! And by virtually nothing I mean I've taken Rocky for a 20 min walk and did some stretching. That's it!

A break from worrying about food. I gave myself "permission" to eat whatever I wanted during my break. Well... turns out, that is kind of problematic! Because apparently what I want is to eat donuts for breakfast, brownie sundae's for lunch and cake for dinner with cookies and candy tossed in there for snacks!

The first two days, wasn't a big deal right? I'd just done a half ironman. A few extra treats that I'd recently denied myself were well within reason.

But then it was as if the sugar entered into my bloodstream and my body immediately recognized it's old friend! I was suddenly grabbing candy out of the Halloween candy jar without even realizing I was doing it. When it finally dawned on me, after feeling like total crap for a couple of days, that I'd spent the past several days eating my weight in sugary goodness, it left me with a dilemma...

Do I pull it together now before this sugar crisis gets any worse???

But wait...I only gave myself 2 weeks of no food worries. That means I only have 2 weeks to eat with no guilt!

So... ate some more!

Finally, the haze, the bloat, the CRASH came! And I knew Friday night... this had to be the end of my sugar high! Well... after I ate a few more chocolate frosted donuts for breakfast on Saturday morning!

So that is what I did.... 4... yes 4 glorious chocolate frosted donuts later, and at 8:45am I declared defeat!

I did find myself reaching for another piece of candy throughout the day, and then realizing... ah, ah, ah...NO more for me thanks! :)

Saturday and Sunday went by surprisingly well though. I honestly didn't even really feel the need for junk until tonight. After a LONG night last night of no sleep. Seriously no sleep... and a long day of working, I got hungry, tired, and irritated. So I broke down and ordered pizza from Dominos. Then... I even ate a little chocolate ice cream! The good news though... it WAS sugar free! :)

But no worries. I really did find it refreshing that I found myself actually craving good-for-me food! I feel that I made the right decision in cutting my sugar-spree short by one week. Besides... I think I gained all 5-6lbs I lost in preparation for the race back in that week! So it'll give me an extra week to work on making it go away again! :)

However, do be thinking about me. No exercise and no sugar for another 6 days! If you find yourself reading one of my blogs and it's almost incomprehensible... bare with me. I'll be back to myself on Monday when I get to sweat it out a bit. Happy off season to you all!

6 comments:

Jennifer Harrison said...

Hilarious! I went thru this in September, during my off break...I ate so much crap...I had so many lovely friends send me cookies, M&Ms, CHOCOLATE covered fruit that I was dizzy in sugar...and laying on the couch not able to even walk, so that was LOVELY....but, then I got tired of that life....but I really enjoyed it while I had it...haha. Keep resting and enjoying it - it all comes to a halt very soon...Jen H. :)

mike said...

Just in case you were wondering.....I wasn't the one who got into the Halloween candy while you were in Clearwater. I suspect it was the short fat one.

BreeWee said...

ENJOY it... the off season FLYS by and what we do now only makes the in-season that much better. A few pounds here and there, a bit of sluggishness, it all means MORE power when we need it most... soak it up chica!

BEST to ya with that sugar thing... you can do it! Break out the juicer :)

Kevin said...

Enjoy your break while you have it. You have had a great season and have earned a few rest weeks. I am sure once you get back to training you will be right back where you were in no time

Anonymous said...

You are a stronger person than I am. There is no way I could give sugar up...I tried giving up caffeine once...my family begged me to go back on after a few days!

I don't know about you, but this not working out thing is starting to wear on me!

Wes said...

I've been getting all my sugar through beer :-) But, I'm with you. It's time to get back with the program (soon :-)