? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Into the Routine/Bumps!

This week has just flown by it seems!

First week settling into what will be our schedule for the next 10 months!

Cooper and Gracie are both in school each day. I pick Gracie up at 1pm and then Cooper gets off the bus around 2:45. We've done our first new ballet class, had our first Fall Baseball practice, and I'm back in the clinic training clients two days a week as well as keeping up with all of my own training!

And I'm going to throw out a shout out to Adam here too!! My schedule is nuts and hard enough for me to keep up with. But he has to keep up with it too in addition to his work stuff. He was recently promoted to a technical manager position at work, YEAH ADAM!!, that has him working seems like non-stop. He has all kinds of stuff he juggles at work with meetings and roll-out dates for builds (see, I can speak some techy lang. but don't ask me what it means! :) and yet still manages to help me take the kids to school some days when I need him to and make it to some of the practices and be a really big trouper by agreeing to play golf on Sunday instead of Saturday so I can ride my bike all day Saturday! :) PLUS... We had a big discussion last night about that IM word. The one that I plan on devoting even more time, energy, and money to next year. So... just saying THANKS HON!! For being my number one supporter in my whole crazy routine of life!

For me, routines are great! I'm mostly type A, and love myself a perfectly organized to-do list! Now, I do get bored easily, so the routine must change often, but otherwise... I'm good! PLUS... as we all know, you must be expected for the routine to get a hit at times, or if you are like me, all of the time! :)

Like yesterday, I swore off Walmart! I decided to "squeeze" in grocery shopping at Walmart between picking up Gracie and Cooper. Why Walmart rather than my beloved Publix?? Because I hate to say it, but it's cheaper. And who can't afford to save some money these days??

Well I must have been out of my mind because there is no "squeezing" something like that in when the words Walmart and Gracie are apart of the sentence!

Where does Gracie want to go as soon as we enter? The Toy section! We've been on this mission for Bakugan balls for Cooper (Yes... Bakugan balls! This insanely ridiculous idea of a toy that is a take-off of pokemon I think that Cooper is in love with! Apparently, they are one heck of an item to find and our Walmart has just recently stocked up, so being the pushover parent that I can be at times, I caved!) so I gave in and agreed to something small. And let's face it, anyone who braves Walmart in my opinion deserves some sort of treat no matter how old you are!

So the toy department of course took up a large chunk of our time. Once we finally settled on a Barbie, we were finally back in the food section. I was hurrying as the clock was ticking and finished about 15 min later than I was hoping for. Because I knew I was trying to get out of there FAST, I reluctantly settled on the self-check out aisle instead of the standard. And yes... I too hate the person that hits the self check-out aisle with a buggy full! But that huge Super Walmart had 2, yes 2 open regular lanes. They had one other person doing check-out, but she was in the 20 items or less aisles. There were several other people in line in the regular lanes with lord only knows how many weeks worth of groceries. There were a ton of those self-check-out things, so I made a quick decision and started scanning!

Well guess who thought scanning the items was such an awesome idea... Gracie! She double scanned 2-3 things that brought the lady over to our section! Now I must say, that thing beeped at me I swear to you 30 times!

"Unexpected item in baggage area!"

"Please scan your item and place it in the bag!"

"Assistance is needed!"

"You must have clearance to skip baggage!" (Despite the fact that I had bagged that stinking item!)

"You must have clearance to skip baggage!" "You must have clearance to skip baggage!"

"Gracie, I need you to stand by me!" (Me talking, not the machine. Surprise!)

"Gracie, come here!" "Gracie, don't touch that!" "No... I've already scanned that!"

"Customer assistance needed!!!!"

Ahh!! :) Had I had a baseball bat, I would have destroyed that machine! I've used them before, but never has one yelled at me for things I had not done so much in my life! :)

I can laugh about it now, but whoo, it was one of those moments as Cooper has learned lately... You must count to 10! Or 1000 in my case! :)

So needless to say, I will never use one of those things again unless forced by some horrible man with a gun or something! :)

And since enduring this experience, I have decided that there should be a new race inducted into the Olympics. The "Who can unload groceries from the car, sort through the items that need to be put in the refrigerator and put those away, leave the rest on the counter, and hop in the car to drive down to the bus stop in time for the bus Race!" I'm pretty sure I'd qualify!!

A great weekend to you all! GO BREE in Canada! We're all cheering for you!

4 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

In school again already!!!

And I hate those stupid self-baggers....

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, those Bakugan toys are killing me too. My son is ALL over them and begs for them all the time - we can barely get our hands on any....they are the big thing now, yep! They even trade the cards and guys - it is insane! :) Jen H.

Eileen Swanson said...

Kellye, you would win that event for sure ;-) HA! Glad you guys are back in the swing of things... Have a great weekend!

kerrie said...

i am so glad that i don't even know what a bakugan is, lol....
you sound as busy as ever! i love the story about the self-check out things cause yes, i have been there myself!!! in a rush and desperate to save time and somehow it just never works out that way....