? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, August 8, 2008

30!


Well, I don't feel that much older! But on the other hand I can't believe it's already here!


I honestly have hardly any reservations about getting a little older. I'm really happy with where I am in my life right now!


I have a wonderful husband and two amazing children, whom are already growing up themselves too quickly!


I've spent the past 10 years completing the American checklist...


Get Married

Graduate from College

Post College, REAL apartment

Buy our First House

Get my first real job

Buy a convertible to celebrate being young and carefree!

Trade the convertible in for an SUV because I want to start a family

Have Baby #1 and quit work to stay home with him

Have Baby #2!

Trade SUV in for a mini-van (YIKES!!)

Spend several years raising babies and attending Gymboree classes!

Husband climbs corporate ladder and we buy bigger house #2

Trade Mini-van in for smaller SUV!! Thank Goodness!!

Start to rebuild MY PERSONAL Life again and get back into running

Get into this thing called triathlon

Complete my first Ironman

Get certified in coaching and get some sponsorship in triathlon

Get Baby #1 into Kindergarten

Start working on career #2!


For me... I'm happy with those accomplishments in the past 10 years!


One thing I am looking forward to in my 30's though is the hope of enjoying all of those accomplishments! It seems like for me at least, my 20's were all about getting situated in life, and now I don't want to have to work so hard to have all of this stuff, but rather hope to just enjoy it!


I'd also like to think I'm a little more self-aware, and self-confident. I think I worried a lot more about making other's happy and what other's thought about me 10 years ago than I do now! Now I feel like I know myself better, and could care a lot less about what other's think!


I will say though that last night I went to this local trail to run a short run and while walking to the beginning I saw these two really cute, young highschool girls. And I couldn't help but to wonder how old they thought I was. See for as long as I can remember, I've always been one of the youngest ones. I've always hung out with people that were older than me, and I've always looked a lot younger than I was. I've had the joys of being carded for lottery tickets before!! But it occurred to me that I was now 30, and I wonder if those cute, young girls realized that!!


I guess I'm ok with being 30, I just hope I don't necessarily Look 30!! :)


One of the biggest things that I keep thinking about lately is back in college, and at the age of 20 when I decided I needed to get off my lazy, 160lb butt and get in shape, I remember running on the treadmill (See, I told you we'd had a long relationship!) and daydreaming about hopefully being 30 one day, 10 years from then and STILL running! I'd fallen in love with it so much, that at the time... sticking with it for 10 years sounded amazing! I had to take a few years off during the pregnancy process of life, and especially since mine were back to back, but I even kept up with walking at the time, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to my promise to myself and STILL loving running now even more than I did then. Now, however, there's a new love for the swim and bike as well. Well, I'm working on the love of swimming! I promise Coach Jen! And biking is amazing. But there is something about running that will always be there with me. Maybe because it's always been there for me since the beginning.


Whatever it is... Today... As I sit here now a 30 year old... I can just hope that I'll be STILL running at 40!!


Cheers everyone!

K

15 comments:

Wes said...

Happy Birthday, Kellyyyyyeeee! :-)

Steve Stenzel said...

That's a great 10 years!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

And you may not FEEL any older, but you sure LOOK a lot older...

JUST KIDDING!

JUST KIDDING!

;)

Marit C-L said...

Happy Happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love the list - it made me smile today. Thanks!!! Hope that you and the family have a great one!

Pedergraham said...

Hi Kellye:
Happy Birthday!!! I liked your list, too. I really enjoy following along with your kids growing up and you taking on your second career. I am not quite ready yet to go back to work, but Lelia will be in school full days this fall and I am pretty sure that I want my second career to be different than my first, so I am playing close attention to your adventures and taking notes!!!

Beth said...

Happy birthday!!! :) Hope your next 10 are better than you could have ever imagined!

rr said...

Happy 30th, Kellye!!!

You've done so much.. great post. Here's to the best year ever.

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th, Kellye! You have accomplished alot in 10 years. Good for you. The 30s are JUST as good, if not even better. And, the HS kids think 25 is old, remember? I was on a GROUP ride - all men, Elf and a couple of National team kids (HS) and one of them called me, "Mrs. Harrison" that is when I thought....oh he thinks I am VERY OLD (@ 37). haha. I told him mom and we chuckled. Anyway, HAPPY BDAY! Jen H.

Danielle said...

Happy birthday!!! You don't look your age at all!

TriBunny said...

How great! Have a wonderful birthday. Revel in all of your accomplishments girl. Congrats! And if you think 30 is good....I have great news! Being 40 is even better! Rock on with your bad self. (p.s. Lee says hi and happy birthday too).

Kevin said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!!

Mel said...

Happy Birthday and NO you do NOT look 30..you look wonderful:) Keep being you and keep loving what you do!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY-E!!!30 is the new 20 so enjoy it 2 the fullest and be glad you are 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!DJE

triguyjt said...

happy birthday....

what a decade its been...

wait till you recount what your thirties brought you....

life is a blast

Alberto said...

Kellye.... congratulations. I hope you are having a great Birthday weekend and I hope you get all your birthday wishes granted.

Don't worry about what you look like (though you don't look 30), as long as you feel great. We all get older and we can't help that, BUT we can help feeling young.

Have a great one !

Meredith said...

BIG Congrats Girl! Welcome to 30-34 age group...eheheheh, the real fast group, right!??!? Happy celebrating, you've sure accomplished a lot in that last decade!