? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello Treadmill... It's Me.... Kellye

*An Ironman Treadmill! Can you believe it!!


I know it's been awhile, and I know you are probably upset with me for completely abandoning you for sometime now. But I need you right now, and I hope you understand.

See... Here in Georgia, August is the hottest month of the year. It's 96+ degrees outside, and it's important that I nail some of my workouts and not let heat be a factor.

Yes... I know that I've spoken badly about you in the past, even lately. But you must know that deep down I really do love you!

I'm sorry that at times during our visits I may curse you. I know... I know... like last Saturday when I was doing that bike/run, bike/run, repeat brick and had some horrible thoughts about you while I was running. But please understand where my feelings are coming from.

See... our relationship has kind of changed over the years. You used to be my go-to tool. My time with you was spent mostly in the state of comfort. We'd journey together nice and steady, sometimes easy, but rarely were you ugly to me. But now I've changed. I need more from our relationship, and unfortunately that means I need for you to be more of a tough-love kind of authority over me.

Yes.... we can still have our moments together spent easily, but I also need you to teach me to push myself. Harder than I ever have. See, last Saturday, you and I reached speeds together that we had NEVER before. You are capable of much more than I'd ever imagined, and what we need to learn together is that I am too!

So I am apologize for cursing you and having hateful feelings towards you lately as in last Saturday, and even yesterday for that matter. But at the same time I know that we've accomplished so much, and still have so much more to accomplish! And I need you to realize that only moments after I walk away after wiping down the enormous amounts of sweat that I've just sprinkled all over you... that deep down I really do love you. You still are my go-to tool! My one and only guide that can push me to places that I've only imagined thus far.

So thank you for being there for me, and especially right now! I promise to try to not blame you for the hurt that may be caused during our sessions! I promise to wipe you down in appreciation after I'm done! And I promise to try to speak positively about you with my friends!

Here's to a long-lasting, and ever developing friendship!!


*If only our treadmill workouts were this fun!!

AND A QUICK UPDATE!
Thank you to everyone who has wished me and my family well! Kids are so resilient, and therefore Gracie's cast in no way slows that child down! Cooper is doing awesome in school! Coming home each day singing a new song that he has learned, telling me about all the shapes and colors that they've talked about in school, and yesterday we memorized his lunch number which means he can go to school and get some skittles for remembering it today! I think I am fortunately feeling better, which is good because I'm racing on Sunday, and all seems to be on the mend at the Mills' Household! We hope everyone else is doing well also!

6 comments:

Alberto said...

I am glad that Gracie is doing ok with her cast. Kids bounce back from that sort of incidents very fast and she will be cast free in no time.

As far as your treadmill.. well, I have been using the one at the gym for the last month. It's horrible running outside in the heat and/or the Atlanta afternoon pollution.

Once more month and it will be September and hopefully everything will get better.

:) said...

Awwww...how sweet. I HATE my treadmill, and she knows it.

Kevin said...

I avoid the dreadmill like the plague. It looks like it will cool down here just a little bit. I will look out for you on Sunday, my wife is doing the race, so I will be there hanging out and sherpa'ing

Jennifer Cunnane said...

OHHH my god - I love the music video!!! I hope you have fun riding your pony (err treadmill) - I kicked mine to the curb this summer - got tired of it beeping at me this past winter! Keep up the great training!

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

yay for treadmills!
Hope you daughter heals soon. I never broke anything when I was young but I hear it is really "cool" to have a cast when you go to school on the first day :)

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Isn't it sad that we get cabin fever in the summer? I am so happy things have cooled off. Funny that anything below 90 seems cool for us!
Good job on your race! Don't worry, the running will come. At least you've got the swimming down packed!