? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Things That Make You Go Hmmmm!"

Do you remember this lovely song from 1990! Can you believe it was almost 20 years ago?? Yikes!

This has been my theme lately!

For example...

"What's That Brown Spot??"
That's the game I've played the past couple of days! :) It started with one of my toes. I was painting my toes for my race this weekend, one of my usual race traditions!, when I started picking at one of them. What was with that brown spot on my toe?? After some investigation, I discovered, Oh... it was just another bruised/dead toe nail! No biggie, that's just what happens isn't it? :)

Then the game continued in such a fun manner with my other foot. There was a specific spot on the bottom of my foot that hurt like you know what! There was a small puncture wound, and there was something brown inside! Yuck! The question was... Is it a splinter or just dirt?? Hmmmm... After some careful surgical procedures, ones a regular person should not try at home, I concluded that it was not a splinter but a place where one USED to be. I guess from running in that crappy transition area from my race, I stabbed my foot with something. It wiggled itself out, but left the reminisce of it's filth. Mystery solved!

Yet another opportunity to play the game today after my somewhat frustrating bike ride! After getting both kids off to school, I set out to do bike hill repeats in my neighborhood. You would know that is quite something if you knew my neighborhood! :) Attempting to be the properly prepared little triathlete, I got all of my stuff set up and out ahead of time, so as soon as I got home from drop-off duty, I'd be set! Loaded up, IPod running, I carefully attempt to descend down my extremely steep driveway without being clipped into my pedals (I'm having clipping issues. A story for another day.) I hit the ridge where the driveway meets the street and immediately start to fumble to the ground. I catch myself when my well... body area that claims me as a girl collides with the handlebar stem. OUCH! Not a good place to bring your body to a stop! One of my water bottles drops to the ground and explodes. So I place my bike in the grass and head back inside to retrieve another one. Heading into attempt #2, I start on a less steep decent deciding that I was the fault of my last almost crash. DOWN the hill I go, clipping myself in, when I hit a curve and begin to SLIDE! Ok... that is not right! Curve 2, slide again, somehow manage to keep from crashing a 3rd time in less than 10 min! Realize all of this is because of a flat. Nice! Walk myself and my bike BACK up the hill to proceed to change the tire. I am NOT good at this. Get the darn tire off, get out replacement tube, check tire to be sure the problem area is not still there, get everything put back together, BUT can not get the tire 100% back on. There's like a 2 in section that will not freaking budge! I'm on the ground holding this stinking tire in every which direction I can and it just isn't happening. Even tried to get a guy neighbor to help me, but he didn't answer the door (probably saw desperate woman holding tire in hand and decided to ignore it!) and so I switched it out, put my zipp on there and got my ride in. After riding, while showering off, I got to play the What's That Brown Spot?? game again!! Scrubbing my legs, was it Grease or Bruises?? Neither remove easily. Some spots are apparent because of the pain, but some required much time and effort to figure out!!

Finally when heading out of the shower to discover that the towel that I used once last night and hung up in my bathroom had a mysterious brown spot on it... I had had enough of this game, decided NOT to investigate, went with the safe assumption that one of my children attempted to "clean" themselves with mommy's towel, and got a new, cleaner one! :) I've grown tired of this game and hope it does not continue!

More things to ponder...

*My house as been infected with flies this summer. It's an unfortunate occurrence when you have a 4 year old and 5 year old that can NEVER remember to shut the door! The flies are seriously driving me crazy. Weird thing I discovered today though as I was vacuuming, they all seem to die in my bedroom. Ummm... what's that all about? Should I be alerted that something is wrong with my bedroom?? :)

*For the past 24 hours my Coach Jen has been constantly eliminating food from my diet! I've spent my day munching on carrots, veggies, applesauce, etc. I've had plenty of food, but why am I so horribly tired?! I'm seriously on a sugar crash! It's not like I sit around and eat sugar all day. Well... not everyday, but apparently it kind of is. If I'm hungry, I'll grab a granola bar or a z bar. They unfortunately ended up in the "junk" pile. It's not really like I'm that sad that they're gone. I wasn't in love with them or anything, but I was sitting around at 4:30pm asking myself if it was too early to eat dinner! I was on the phone with my niece and seriously couldn't even focus! So why is it when you eat sugar, you feel like crap and your body stores it in excess as fat, but when you come off of it, you go in like detox or something. Ahh!! I know there's the whole scientific stuff behind this so that there isn't really a hmmmm involved, but remember, I'm not at 100% mentally today, so bare with me! :)

Lastly, I've been driving my car under a lease for the past 3 years. Friday, Adam went and took care of the paperwork to buy it outright. I LOVE my car, so completely happy about it, which is good since it has more miles on it than you can imagine, so turning it in was not an option! :) So purchased out-right on Friday...Monday, my air conditioning dies! It is actually dying a slow death too, so took me until this afternoon to figure it out. But smoky smell + hissing noise + lack of super cold air= problem. So all day I've been driving in my car literally with that "hmmmmm" look on my face! I'm sure that was a sight!

Or maybe... I'm just REALLY confused from my lack of sugar and none of this is really happening??? Hmmmm?? If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, send chocolate and ice cream ASAP!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

If Adam finds you unconcious on the bathroom floor, tell him to start an IV drip of melted m+m's asap!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Jen is eliminating food from your diet? Oh my! I'm guessing this is just to get you all healthy for your race. And afterwards you can indulge, right?

Kellye Mills said...

Mira, Jen is helping me "clean up" my diet by eliminating all the crap. Totally self-inflicted. Let's see how long I last! :)

Wes said...

Chica! I'm so sorry you crashed into your handle bars. I empathize with your pain! :-( I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves the hills around here (except when they are causing your tires to skid). You persevered! Good for you!!

OK. So I have this theory on the fly thing. They come into your room, investigating the brown spots, and keel over dead :-) OK. not funny :-D

Good luck with the sugar detox! I've actually gone back to sugar in my coffee. I think I need to find a natural sugar though. I just can't take any of that man made manufactured crap!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Oh man - eliminating sugar in your diet? I do not think I could do that but I am getting inspired by all of the bloggers dedication to good health. I laughed about the flies in your home. We have the same problem so I keep a flyswatter handy right near the back door.

Jerome Harrison said...

Ok...wait a sec! Of course no need to eliminate ALL SUGAR from the diet..but after Kellye's race on Sunday she was complaining (nicely) that she is 5-7lbs heavier (and she is 5'2"!) than last year and said she wanted to lose the weight. So, I just had her log in her diet to me - not that I am a RD, nope, but just to have someone look at it - and day #1 had FIVE bars (z bars, clif bars, granola bars)...so I told her that is JUNK and processed food. UNLESS you are riding 2-3++ hours no need for that stuff. SO, that is what is going on w/ lovely Kellye....I am not starving her. HAHA. :) Heck, I COULD not give up chocolate. Jen H.

Kevin said...

Thats a rough day! Way to make it through it. Good luck with the diet cleanup. Its hard to believe the SC 1/2 is almost here

Eileen Swanson said...

See Jen says not "all sugar" so go have some chocolate quick ;-) HA! Seriously I would go nuts without sugar. Just a little is great! Well, a good amount is great ;-)

E

Steve Stenzel said...

First, I was scared of the first brown spot you spoke of. But you said it was on your toe, and all was well.

Then, you spoke of the brown spot on the towel. That's what I was hoping for!!!

;)