? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, September 26, 2008

Nutrition Tidbit!

I've been in the weight loss/weight control world for over 10 years now. I hosted a weight loss group for a several teachers that I used to work with and love reading about all the latest and greatest nutrition research. I'm a HUGE believer that all information needs to be considered differently by each individual person. There are no hidden secrets. There is no special formula. What's right for one person isn't necessarily ok for another, and there are NO bad foods! And if it sounds too good to be true... It probably is! :)


However, there are a few things that over the years have proven to work for the majority of people. And one common mistake I see a lot of people make is skipping breakfast!


You wake up motivated! Today is a new day and you want to start off right! You either aren't really hungry and eat nothing at all, or grab something small on your way out the door! You're doing great, right?? Well... maybe until lunch when you are starving and then decide to start feeding yourself. And by dinner, all bets are off!


We've all had our days. And even I am continuing to work on switching up my cycle even better. Because ideally, breakfast should be your LARGEST meal of the day, followed by a smaller lunch, and then an even smaller dinner. Not really how we as Americans normally do it.


I've always eaten breakfast. Love it! Breakfast food is one of my favorite kinds. But now I'm trying to eat even more of it in an effort to reset my clock!


And just in case you still have your doubts.... I recently read an article that said Sumo wrestlers use the "trick" of skipping breakfast and eating consistently throughout the evening in an effort to GAIN weight for their sport! That's a different take for the rest of us athletic people! :)


Enjoy your healthy breakfast, and make it a big one!

5 comments:

BreeWee said...

Oh man those sumo guys are everywhere these days! Thanks for telling their "secrets" to the BIGNESS, now I know what to AVOID!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Thanks Kellye! I would never think of skipping breakfast. I love it! But I do remember back in the early 90's when I thought this was helping my diet. Needless to say, my weight loss never happened.
I'd love to hear more about your weight loss group. I wish I could form one of my own!

Marit C-L said...

This is GREAT advice! A few years ago I went to a nutritionist, who told me. "Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, and Dinner like a Pauper..." in terms of food quantity. And that trick really worked out the best for me. Also - getting a good balance (of course). Keep up the great work!

Steve Stenzel said...

Yeah! No skipping breakfast!!

Eileen Swanson said...

HA, love this post! I read about the Sumo guys on yahoo too! Ok, gotta stop eating dessert now, HA!

XO,
E