? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Almost Here...!

*The first leaves beginning to change!

Seems like I'm always saying that! Right now... that goes for:

Halloween... Yes, here at the Mills Home we are already planning our Halloween costumes!

Clearwater...Or also the end of the 2007 season!

Turkey Day/Christmas....Again, the kids are looking ahead. We've mapped out that first comes Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas which = Santa, presents, family, and fun! We're on a count down!

And FALL!


Yes... after a very nice August for us here in Hot Atlanta, we were hit with a bit of a heatwave last week which left me unexpectedly suffering after returning from beautiful, cool Wisconsin. However, this week it seems like Fall and cooler weather are finally starting to settle in! I actually have worn long sleeves the past 2 morning workouts! :) And ohhh, those morning workouts... Do they hurt so much because I'm getting old or am I just a wimp? I used to get up every morning at 4:45am so that I could get my run in before going to teach. This was PRE-kids. Now... just knowing that I am going to get up early like that, and I'll start dreading it days before. Even though I will be in bed in plenty of time, it's like I just can't get used to it anymore.


But, I will say there is something to getting up early, getting things done, and then having the rest of the day to worry about other things, or if you are lucky... relax! :)


One of the main reasons that I've been getting up early this week is because believe it or not, we're on Fall Break. Yep... the whole week off from school this week. 6 weeks in/1 week off. I know... I think it's kind of crazy. I mean on paper it kind of makes sense, but I think I'd rather skip this particular break and just go back 1 week later. Then again, maybe the grass is always greener on the other side, right?


I must say though, it's been a nice week. Surprisingly, things have been low key thus far. I've gotten up early to workout and then we've just kind of hung out for the rest of the day. We've had baseball obligations, but that's it. And it's not like things to be so relaxed in our household. I guess that is a good thing though as I'm preparing for the South Carolina Half Ironman on September 28th. As of right now, I'm having mixed emotions about it. There's that part of me that is nervous because I'm getting ready to race and it happens no matter what race or what distance. There's the other part of me that's nervous because I really know very little about this race and what to expect. I've heard mixed things. I guess I'll go with it and see what happens. There's also the studious part of me that is ready to practice for Clearwater. To use this race as a homework assignment basically to put the final touches on my Clearwater plans.


I must admit too that I'm getting a little of the "end of the season" pains. The weather is cooling, things in life are settling down, and yet we're still out there chugging along to try to finish the season in a way that we've envisioned all along. Last year getting ready for Ironman Florida it was tough. But you just keep going, and it arrives before you know it, so I am sure I'll make it. But I do look forward to the end of the season because it gives me a stopping point to celebrate what I've accomplished and "start over" basically prepping and getting excited about a new year. And the fact that I already have IM Wisconsin locked in makes me excited just thinking about it!


My best wishes to all you folks out there prepping for your final races! And to those are have finished up... Congratulations! In the meantime... we'll be here getting "Prepared!" :)
*Cooper and Gracie wearing Mom and Dad's jackets in the house yesterday!

11 comments:

Oldman said...

I love fall.. we get to turnoff the AC in November! YEA!

Jen said...

Hey Kellye...

WOW! You guys are on fall break already? It still seems like summer here...it was 97 yesterday!

Have a great race next wknd! I'm also racing next wknd (Las Vegas Half) and can't wait!

kerrie said...

i could use bit of a heatwave here! the mornings are soooo cool now that i swear i'm going to wake up to snow one of these days. i can't believe you get up so early to train - that's crazy ;).

Marit C-L said...

Yes, the cooler mornings are GREAT aren't they? Sounds like a fun week - nice to spend time with the kiddies... they are so cute! Looking forward to school being back in session though... ;)

Paul said...

My wife is taking full advantage of the fact our son can't fend for himself and is dressing him up in a silly halloween costume. Clearwater should have some awesome weather for you!

Kevin said...

It is nice to finally be getting cooler. Of course now my season is pretty much winding down for a few months after South Carolina until I start training for an early year marathon

Mel said...

YOUR going to be at Clearwater???? I will be there cheering for you LIVE...I am going there to watch the race...so we WILL have to hook up:)

I hear you about Fall...I actually love fall as long as we don't get any snow:) But I am finding it hard to get up in the morning too..There is NO WAY I would be getting up at 4:30a.m. to workout YOUNG OR OLD...NO WAY:)

Danni said...

Hey Kellye!
I will b doing the SC half as well, and so is Wes. We definitely need to hook up for dinner or something. It will be my first 1/2; and I am so excited I can barely wait until race day.

BreeWee said...

Oh changing leaves, I SOOOO love that, it reminds me to appreciate all the different times of year!

Cool, a "practice race", I totally love those! I am excited for you to do Clearwater, you have had so many good experiences and lessons, and races this season... NOW time to put them all together :)

Oh, that neon orange HR monitor is from Suunto. It is really fun!

Eileen Swanson said...

I love that pic of your little ones ;-) Super cute. Clearwater will be super fun! And you get to see Mel ;-)

E

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Keep plugging away - clearwater will be here before you know it! I also like the a.m. workouts because it is the one time of day you know the kids/work/family will not interrupt you!