? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Catching Up!

With my blog that is!

It seems like I either have nothing interesting going on, which means I have time to write but nothing to write about. OR… I am up to a bunch of cool things, which means I have no time to write about it! Oh well… whatcha going to do? :)

Where to begin… I had a lot of fun this weekend with the Fam!

The workouts were shorter as I was beginning to taper a bit for the half ironman I’m doing this weekend. So I got home early enough to get in some quality time! First thing was an “Adventure Walk!” Oh yes… we went on a crazy adventure walk down a trail at a local park. Adam had taken the kids a few weeks ago while I was in Wisconsin, and Cooper hadn’t stopped talking about it since. We were waiting for an opportunity where we could all go and decided Saturday would be best. MANY sticks to watch out for. Several “crazy” maneuvers through some pretty serious grass, and a STEEP downhill that had to be carefully navigated! However, the adventure was well worth it as we made it to the river and proceeded to throw rocks in it! Good times!

*Me and the kiddos on our adventure walk! It looks like they are almost MY size already! :)
*Pretty Adventurous, hey?

After eating at one of my favorite pizza places downtown, Rocky Mountain Pizza Co., we were off to the races! The track races that is! Yep… 3 times a year they hold “The Festival of Speed”, which is a full day of racing for amateurs and pros on the track. No… I have not taken that step yet. Looks like a TON of fun, but also looks like something that I would completely kill myself in trying to accomplish! I keep waiting for a time that it wouldn’t matter if I got injured, and I guess you could probably say fortunately, that time has yet to come. :) We hung out with my friends Amy and Lee while we were there. They ARE actually brave enough to have gotten out there and start racing it this year. I think they are such studs! They weren’t racing that night, but have done so a couple of times, and I can’t wait to see them in action soon!
*The scariest part was making sure MY kids didn't do something to wreck the riders! :)
*A picture of my and Amy that Gracie took! She LOVES to take pictures!

The kids did really well, and I wasn’t 100% sure since it was there first time. But they have several kid races there as well, and they really enjoyed cheering for the boys and girls! I promised them each an extra dollar in their allowance if they were good, and they were both happy to learn that they had both earned the money! Cooper also insisted that Amy was very good as well and I should have given her $1. However, nothing was said about Lee. He must not have been very “good”??? :)

After a short run and bike on Sunday, we ended up scoring Braves tickets to the last game of the season. Adam had originally gotten the tickets from work for our neighbor, but something came up and they couldn’t go. So of course we wanted to use them. The kids and I had not been yet this season, and the seats were great! Plus, Turner Field has this whole Cartoon Network section for the kids that they love. The weather was perfect and the kids had fun cheering. The Braves won! So it was a great day!!
*Cooper at the ballgame eating dipping dots from his souvenir hat!
*Gracie doing the Tomahawk-Chop!

And In Other News…

Since the weekend, we are back in school! Yeah! A nice break at home, but back to having a little more free time for me!

I spent the good part of yesterday morning driving around in search of gas. The hurricanes that hit Texas have affected the gas distribution to the Atlanta area. Almost all of Atlanta is experiencing a no-gas problem! Of course when people hear of this, panic ensues and the places that DO have gas have LONG lines of people waiting. So places that got gas deliveries yesterday morning were out of gas again by 10am. Fortunately, I was able to find somewhere that not only had gas, but had the kind my car requires. They’d gotten a delivery after the morning rush and so word hadn’t gotten out quite yet that they had gas. I heard this morning on the radio that the gas sanctions that Atlanta has that requires the gas to be more refined than other places due to smog have been temporarily lifted. This means that surrounding states will be able to ship us gas until the distribution gets back on schedule. Good thing as Atlanta is a commuter city and the entire city would shut down within days if no one had gas to put in their cars! CRAZY!! :)

On a sad note, I lost a sort of friend this weekend. My hair is long and I keep it in a bun or ponytail 90% of the time. Because of that, I have a ponytail holder on me at all times. Well, a while ago it occurred to me that this one particular ponytail holder I had had either in my hair or on my arm non-stop for months! Sounds gross, I know. But it was clean. It got washed during my shower daily! I could remember having it on my person seriously non-stop since before my trip to Hawaii. Well yesterday, it finally broke. After over 5 months together, our relationship was literally broken. I know it is crazy, but I had actually become kind of attached to that ponytail holder. I mean think of it… we’d done everything together that entire time. It will always be remembered. And if you are looking for ponytail holders that hold up, well I have proof that the extra strength Goody brand apparently can take a decent beating!

I think it’s time for new swimsuits. I realized this morning during masters that my suit was dragging in the water… literally. The top layer basically now prefers to sag. I’m guessing that is NOT a good thing when trying to be speedy! Does it seem like all of my favorite things are finally giving out on me? I guess that’s a sign of the end of the season!

I think my weight-loss attempt is making me grumpy. Or snappy at least. I’ve done I’d say 80% well. This weekend during all of my fun outings, yeah… didn’t do so well. I’m shrugging it off to being part of “the learning experience!” I’m good when I’m on schedule, but having to think ahead and bring/prepare food… tad more difficult. What’s weird is that this isn’t my first showdown with this whole clean up your diet thing. I’ve done it before and think I used to be much better at it! See, I don’t believe in “dieting.” I am a believer in the whole life-style thing, and I’m working on the whole moderation thing. I mean what does one eat at a baseball game?? I mean come on! Overall though, I’m down 2lbs with 3 more to go. The good thing is is that I can start to see it a bit, and that’s always a motivator! I absolutely LOVE learning about food and how it interacts with your body. It is seriously a constant learning process, and when I used to really pay attention to what I ate I did it from a “want to be a skinny girl” perspective. Now learning how to eat well AND eat enough to fuel an endurance athlete makes it even that much more interesting. So I think I’m going to start posting some little tidbits I learn that work for ME as I go through this whole journey thing!

Well… that’s about it for now! I promise to try to be less of a stranger. Happy Day everyone!

7 comments:

Marit C-L said...

Kellye! That suit has SO got to go. Um - it's a bright color and (whispered) - might be a tad-bit see-through. :) That happened to me as well once, luckily I had a friend who informed my that she could see my derriere!

Sounds like stuff is really going along great otherwise! GREAT weekend with the family - OMG - cooper and gracie-girl and SO cute! Adam looks great as well!

Good luck with the weight loos - that is tough! But you're doing great! Yes, fueling yourself in a healthy lifestyle is very important - especially while training! Keep up the awesome work.

And finally - GOOD LUCK this weekend at your race! Which one are you doing??

Paul said...

That looks like some good quality family time!!! Good luck this weekend. Can't wait to see how you do.

Jen said...

Hey Kellye...The Braves game looks like it was a blast! I love how happy the kids look with ice cream in hand :)

For good nutritional info, check out Marni Rakes' Blog. She always has great info and yummy meal ideas. http://trimarni.blogspot.com/

Beth said...

I agree with Marit - that suit has seen better days!! Makes me laugh though because I do the same thing - wear them until...well...they just SHOULD NOT be worn anymore!

Anyway, sounds like a great weekend with your family. And best of luck with your weight loss. Tough, I know, but you can and will do it!

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing at that suit, do your boobs even stay in it!? Does it roll to one side of your bum and make a thong? Too funny, please get a new one, I bet you get free speed with a tighter suit!

LOVE the photos with your children, nothing like a family walk...

Ryan said...

I just wanted to say hi, I too have been too tired to be creative.

As to what Marit says, See thru suits are totally awesome!

Kevin said...

Looks like a whole bunch of great fun. Looking forward to the race this weekend