? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Taking Inventory!

What does a girl do when she is having a "feeling sorry for herself" phase?

Take stock in her life! Or at least I do. :)

I have several reasons for feeling like I did at the beginning of the week. It's October. November makes for a late season. I just came off of a Half Ironman.... Yadda, yadda, yadda. All valid I believe. I'm not discounting my feelings, and I know a lot of others are struggling, or have struggled with this in the past. And believe me when I say, the comments that you guys left me and the emails/phone calls... were all so amazing. Thank you so much for all of your support! Now and all year!

Last year I had similar feelings. But I had my very first Ironman coming up. That was something I was in no way going to let slip away from me! So I toughed it out through those last 6 hour rides (by myself nonetheless!) and swam, biked, and ran myself to my equivalent of success for the year!

I have a couple of theories on some of my emotions leading into my Hawaii 70.3 race this year and now Clearwater. Fortunately for you... I won't bore you with all of my psycho-babble bs! :) But let's just say, my id, ego, self-conscious, me, myself, and I had a long chat with ourselves and pulled it together! The encouragement from my tri-blogger friends absolutely came into play, and my biggest thank you goes out to Coach Jen, who handled me exactly the way I needed. She and I click. At least from my perspective! :) I'm sure I'm her big nut case, but I absolutely LOVE her and am so blessed for the amazing year she has provided me with!

So long story short... I'm feeling back to my old self again! The swim workout I missed this Monday will be made up tomorrow, and I am back on the nutrition band wagon!

After taking some inner inventory, and some time to appreciate all of the wonderful and amazing people in my life... I decided to work on some physical inventory by literally cleaning out my closet!
*What a Mess! :) *Yeah, never did get around to this pile of magazines hidden underneath my skirts! Most are from 2006! Yikes!! I just tossed them all. :)



It's been on my to-do-list forever. When it comes to clothes, shoes, handbags, etc. I'm a bit of a pack-rat! I still own items that date back as early as middle school I think! I have certain items that I really like or keep for sentimental purposes! But A LOT of the rest needed to go! :)

*Why yes those are roller skates! These were in the "KEEP" pile! :)

*The initial progress! A bag full of shoes and 4 piles of clothes to donate. Not bad for just the closet. Next up... my chest of drawers!
And the other BIG news in the Mills' household... Santa came a little early to bring us a Wii! It was on the Christmas list, but we were told to get it now if we wanted Santa to bring it, so we figured it could come just a little early.
*Cooper getting his bowl on!

Needless to say... it's been a BIG hit! It comes with several sports games like Tennis, baseball, golf, bowling and boxing. We bought the Mario Kart to go with it because that is what Cooper actually wanted from the system. And it has already been so much fun!
*Why is at least one of my children always missing clothes? At least she had on her underwear! :)

We've all been playing together with our little Mii people! It's been so much great family stuff!

And then it got even better last night!! Adam connected it to the internet!! I had no idea it even did that. And when he first told me, I thought it was just for gaming purposes, but NO... I am sitting here and keeping up with the Ironman updates on my living room t.v.! How cool is that. No computer, keyboard, or anything required. Just my Wii remote and t.v.! It is one heck of a machine.

So 4 weeks to go and I'm fired up!! We all have our moments. I had mine, and then I put my big-girl pants on and realized how absolutely privileged I am to have the opportunity to be racing 4 weeks from now. So thanks again everyone! Hang in there all you Clearwater and Ironman Florida, and Ironman Arizona people! Our moments are coming! :)

8 comments:

Alberto said...

Did you watch Kona ? I did all day !! I ams o happy my favorites won.

I am very glad you are doing better. It's tough being 4-6 weeks out from a race. I am very sure you are going to kick butt.

Keep it up... it will be here before you know it.

kerri said...

Glad you got IT back, Kellye. ROCK ON!!!!

Beth said...

Hey Kellye!! So great to hear you are feeling back in the game!! You are right - we all have those moments...best just to let them pass like you did and move on! Clearwater better watch out for you!

Wes said...

Jen is awesome :-) Some people just know how to bring out what is already inside of us! Go rock October (and World's!) :-)

Marit C-L said...

Hooray! Keep it going - you're SO close! Cleaning out the closet it awesome! VERY cathartic. Jen is amazing, isn't she? LOVE that girl. And let's face it: who doesn't forget to put on an item or two of clothing? At least Gracie was IN the house... :)

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

I didn't know the Wii could do that? Hmmm, Santa might be bringing one to our house this Xmas!
Glad you are feeling better and rekindled your motivation. I think I might have you beat as far as Jen's biggest nut case!

Steve Stenzel said...

"I had a long chat with ourselves." Love it. Glad you worked it all out.

And great pics! I was a naked child all the time too, so don't worry about yours!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

How are you! Great job taking inventory - damm you are productive! I think everyone goes through the mood swings of ups and downs during a season - especially if they are long! You are so close to clearwater right now, hang on and have a blast!