? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Soul Searching


In many ways I feel that I've hit a bump in the road... or bumps... or to some degree... I'm unravelling.


Bottom line. I'm tired. I began my triathlon journey just over 2 years ago and feel like I've been at it 100% ever since. Yeah, there were "off seasons", but I spent the off season of 2006 trying to train for the January Disney marathon that never would be because of a foot injury and then went right into Ironman training in January of 2007.


After Ironman Florida in November of last year, I had a lot of different emotions. Yes, I was glad to be done. But I'm the type of person that once goal A. is accomplished, I immediately start thinking about what's next. Plus, having broken my foot during the Ironman, I was out of running completely for 2 weeks. Great rest time, right? Well... I think I took off close to a full week before getting a little too into my biking for fear I wasn't running. :)


2008 has been an incredible season for me and for some reason my mind or body or both are ready to call it a year. BUT... as Coach Jen put it, I have the "biggest race of my triathlon career" approaching in less than 5 weeks, and I'm struggling to pull it together.


I've rearranged my schedule several times because I haven't made it to a swim on Mondays. And I usually HATE to mess with my schedule. Even Adam asked me what was up because I didn't swim this Monday! :) And normally he is the one asking me, "Do you really have to go?" ha ha! I vowed to lose 5lbs over the next several weeks. I lost 3 and ever since have been eating like a maniac! I'm tired, grumpy, snappy, and generally pissed at the world A LOT lately! :)


I need something to snap me out of it and get me back in the game!


I know it's just a phase. Next post will probably be me all fired up again. I guess feeling like this just bothers me because this is the polar opposite of how I normally am. I generally have infinite energy, and I can't stand feeling run down! :)


Anyone want to volunteer to come over and B#$%^ slap me???! :)


Ok... off to figure out why my husband is still at work and isn't almost home yet so that I can squeeze in my important run tonight. Life would be better with a treadmill! :)

11 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

Hang in there, just think about things day by day now and when you are done in 5 weeks you can shut off your mind and just train for fun. Easier said than done, but stay in the here and now and it will come together.

TriBunny said...

I can't relate at all to this post! (ha! LOL -- this IS the story of my life). This too shall pass. You're working so hard and have been doing so for soooo long. It Will all be worth it. Hang in there chica.

Hope to see you this weekend so that I can take you up on your offer (hee hee) ;)

Wes said...

I know how you feel sista! I've been at it non-stop for two years, and I am ready for some serious down time. I am determined to wrap up this season with the same drive and determination it took to get here.

I'd come over and B#$%^ slap you, but 1) you don't need it 2) you'd kick my ass :-)

Alberto said...

What's your A race? IM FL? I hope it is... I'll be down there to cheer on you all !

I am sorry that you are not feeling motivated, but I guess sometimes it is a good idea to listen to our body. I was very drastic in the measure I took after listening to my body at the end of last year, but I decided to take all this year off. I feel I made the right choice since now I am so excited to go back into training "mode". My "new" coach has also mentioned that it was the best decision I could have taken and that I probably saved my tri career for taking the break I took.

We are all different, but I think it is very important to listen to our body.

You also have to remember that being 5 weeks out from an A race is very important. This is the time that all IM athletes hate. We all become bitchy, tired, angry, hungry, etc.... Your almost there !

Besides, I heard I am riding with you this coming weekend... I'll help you with the B $%#$@# slaps then....

Keep up the good work... I KNOW you are going to do awesome.

kerrie said...

why don't you come to me and then i'll slap you!!!!
kona is quite sunny and warm and maybe all of the fast, fit looking people would snap you out of your funk!

hang in there - you'll be back in to it soon!

Marit C-L said...

Hey Kellye - just left you a message on the phone... call me if you want to chat! So yeah, I went through EXACTLY the same thing last year - it had been a really long season, I was tired, and it was tough seeing everyone else finish their season - yet I still had to get up early and swim, bike, or run. Hang in there kiddo - I know what you're going through. :) You're not the only one who's been through something like this. Think end result: take things day-by-day... and don't think about the big picture.

You've done so well - and trust me when I say that others who are training for Clearwater are dealing with the same issues. Its just a matter of hanging in there MORE than they do. :)

Alberto said...

Clearwater !!! I had forgotten. I thought it was IM FL !!! I am so excited for you ! You will do awesome.

Eileen Swanson said...

Kellye, I totally know what you are feeling! It will pass and like you said you will be all fired up again very soon! It is so normal to feel this way. We push so hard and so much all the time, so it is only normal to have days where we feel BLAH and uncertain! Hang in there, you are doing amazing and will have a great race in Nov!

XO,
E

Trigirlpink said...

I have to say, this is one reason I can't take that slot to Clearwater, ever. Unless I start my season in July! It's just sooooo hard with the seasons changing and also the fact that most athletes are windin' it down.
Dig deep, you'll snap back. Plenty of time to get in some quality stuff. You got the base stuff!!! You most certainly want to go there with a rested mind peppered with some desire to race and your body will follow.

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Just tell yourself "one more race" and then you can relax and enjoy your time on your terms. I would also have a really hard time doing a November IM or even half. When fall hits I just want to spend all my time running! At least we're lucky and live in the south where we can still enjoy decent weather.

Paul said...

This stuff will happen. Hang in there!!

I'm totally getting a treadmill someday...