? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, May 1, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener! :)

As much as I hate to admit it, I have a tendency to be this kind of person sometimes. :)

Well, I'm not sure if it's that or maybe it's the whole, "You're eye's are bigger than your stomach kind of thing!" ha ha!! Meaning, I have a tendency to think I can do things that in reality may not actually be possible. :)

See, I stopped teaching about 6 years ago to stay at home with my babies. Ever since, we've lived as a one-income family. We've always found ways to make ends meet, and I've always tried to contribute in some form or fashion. I've tutored, worked in a coffee shop, taught spin classes, done personal training, special event coordinating, and now coaching. Triathlon is not really the best sport to take-up as a hobby if you aren't full of extra money! :)

Well now that my babies aren't exactly babies anymore, and with all the worries of the economy right now, I decided at the beginning of the year to start doing some teaching again. For the most part I was subbing a couple of days a week. It worked out very well! I'm in the process of building my coaching business and as that develops, I thought I could sub as well. More money is good right now! Especially when there are Ironmans to do, trips to plan, oh yeah... and bills to pay too! :)

I would think to myself, "Working until 3?? NOT a problem!" I'd think about the big chunk of cash the teachers are bringing home and start running through my head all of the shoes... running, cycling, and stuart weitzman's that I could buy with the extra money! :)

So I have since gotten the opportunity to start teaching full-time. Well, kind-of. I got offered a Long-term sub position for a maternity leave. I've worked now 4 weeks straight, and well let's just say... it's a little harder than I thought. :)

Teaching.... I like the kids. The class is a good class. :) The job itself isn't too demanding. However, it is exhausting to take care of 18 1st graders each day.

Coaching.....It's coming together. I'm still spending quite a bit of time doing things like clinics, and such trying to market myself as a coach. Works out to a lot of unpaid time. But overall, it's going really well, and I am just hoping and praying that all of my hard work will continue to pay-off with more clients, as I absolutely LOVE it and the clients I do have are doing AWESOME and it is just so much fun! Hard work, but fun!!

Mom.... Ok, I don't care what anyone says or all of the debates about is it a "job" or not. Doesn't pay, but it is the hardest, most time consuming job out there! And goodness, I have to say I have NO idea how women that do work outside of the home 9-5 pull it off??? Do they have hidden hours in their briefcases or something??? Do they sleep 2 hours a night??? It's mind-baffling honestly. Right now, we're right at the end of ballet and baseball. April was a super rainy month for us, so all the baseball we missed for a couple of weeks at the beginning of April is being crammed into our time now. :)

Housewife... Let's just say this part has really taken a backseat. :) My house hasn't been really "cleaned" since I started working full-time. I've now resorted to digging clothes to wear out of the "clean" pile that has been sitting on my floor for the past 3 weeks! :) Bills, errands, groceries... somehow we're eating. I'm just not entirely sure how. Oh... and I'm trying to lose weight too and watch what I'm eating, so no "fast-food" either. I'm supposed to actually PREPARE healthy meals. Do you know how time consuming that is??? Very hard to do when you don't get home until like 8:30pm. :)

Triathlete...So this has been definitely a struggle for me lately. Can't really get up and workout early because I have to be at school so early. So I'm supposed to get in these intense workouts AFTER teaching all day and somewhere between the baseball and ballet, homework, housework, etc. I actually met Adam at the baseball park the other day so that I could run while he was with the kids during the warm-up and then I would be back by game time. Well, traffic sucked, he was late, I was standing around all the other parents in my full running gear and they were all looking at me like, "why do you have that giant watch on and your ipod with you??" :) I was 10 min late for the game and stood there all sweaty. Not really a big deal, but when life is rush, rush, rush all of the time... it gets OLD.

I workout with people who go home from 5+ hour bricks and NAP! Nope, I hurry into the shower to change in time for whatever we've got going on for the rest of the afternoon! :) After 3 weeks of non-stop... my brain and body finally said... DONE! COOKED!! :)

I email my favorite Coach Jen, and of course I get my usual... your over-committed. I know... Each thing individually isn't that bad, but when you add them all together, I think it = more than 24! :)

So, I'm committed to work, ballet, and baseball for 3 more weeks. I enjoy all of it, so it's not like it'll be miserable. But it definitely will be if I don't trim back just a tad and unfortunately, the only thing on the list that even can be trimmed is training. So... I had to do it. I called "Uncle" and May will now be a little bit more lax for me training wise. Ultimately, I know it will be fine. It will keep me from "peaking too early" for Wisconsin. Break the year up a bit. It will be fine... These are the things my reasonable side keeps telling my freak-out, type-a, triathlete side! :)

In the meantime... All I can think about is one thing... The last day of school is May 29th. By then school, activities, teaching will all come to an end as we move into SUMMER VACATION. Adam and I have already made plans for the two of us to head to the beach for as much R & R that we can soak in for 4 days before heading home and hitting Ironman training HARD! :) So this is what has been on my mind all day.... Ahhhhh!!!!! :)

10 comments:

Beth said...

I get so tired just even reading all that!! It sounds like you are enjoying each and every thing though...and there is an end in sight...so hang in there!! June will be so easy... :)

Jen said...

Whew! Hang in there. Being a mom is hard enough, but add in all the extras and it makes for one tired mama! The end is in sight :) Enjoy your time at the beach!

kerrie said...

sounds like my life! lol...it is so hard to squeeze everything in, especially when we aren't willing to give anything else up, isn't it?? like you, i am counting down the days until summer - two more weeks of teaching!!!! yay. i'm planning on getting a lot more sleep soon:)

GoBigGreen said...

Kellye:) hang in there. I dont know how you do it all and my only advice is to stay in the moment. One minute at a time. Sleep is SOO important and i know you know that. And dont be afraid to say NO.

runningyankee said...

wow- my head spins with all that you have going on!! take it one day at a time and do what you can. also- you have to know how much your kids and i'm sure your husband APPRECIATE all that you do for them :) keep chugging along and enjoy some well deserved rest at the beach!!!

TriGirl Kate O said...

Laundry and house cleaning are my nemeses (is that the proper plural for nemesis?!) 18 first graders? Are you kidding? I'm amazed you have any energy to crawl out of bed in the mornings. I bow before you--oh magnificent one! You do have plenty of time before IMWI, and that beach time sounds like the perfect way to shift gears.

TriBunny said...

You're such a firecracker! I know few people who can juggle as many things as you...and do them at such an impressive level. Take it one step at a time...Summer break will be here soon and plenty of time for long runs, rides and swims. Have fun with Adam at the beach. You've earned it dear. ;)

Ryan said...

Could you please keep this job talk to a minimum...I don't want my wife to get any ideas for me ;-)

Wet Hair, Warm Heart said...

You and I lead similar lives! Sometimes it gets too much, but take a deep breath and keep on moving! You're doing awesome in ALL those jobs!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Wow, is all I can say - just WOW! Amazing that you are even awake enough to just write the post. As long as you are enjoying everything it is definitely worth it, you are doing a great job managing it all!