? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 23, 2009

Gracie's Birthday "Month"

We have celebrated Gracie's birthday just about all month long! This past weekend, it finally came to a close for her big #5!


See, her birthday is March 12th, and I so very unfortunately was out of town that day in Tucson. So... here was the game plan....

The weekend of March 6th we went to get her birthday present. Yes... we took the plunge. The American Girl Plunge.
*Gracie and her new BFF, Felicity!
*Cooper enjoying his favorite part of The American Girl store.... Strawberry milkshakes in the Bistro!
*Gracie and Felicity riding the Carousel at the mall together!

*Matching P.J.'s and robes for them both. Thank you Grandma Ellen and Aunt Kellie for pitching in on the American Girl expenses!! :)
While we were at the mall, my little, baby girl did what I did for my 5th birthday... She got her ear's peirced!!
*Excited and Happy!


*Cooper's pre-anxiety controbution!
*She's ready!


*Both at the same time is THE way to go!



*I had told her that it would hurt a little. Her reply to me afterwards, "That didn't hurt a little. It hurt A LOT!" Tears were done within 5 minutes though. She was a brave girl!

Then on Tuesday, the 10th before I left for Arizona, we had a little family birthday party. She requested me to make a "Felicity" cake to match her new baby. I was short on time, so it wasn't my best work, but it passed the test. :)



I missed her SOOOO much on her actual birthday. I couldn't believe I wasn't actually there, so I had my Mom pick her up a special balloon from her mommy. :)

Now it was time for the actual birthday party!


We had Gracie and 3 of her little friends come over and I took them all for mini-makeovers! With their favorite babies of course.


First we got our hair all dolled up!
*The girls getting ready to have their hair done!
*Now we look like princesses!
*Felicity got her hair "done" as well!







*TA-DA!


Then it was time to get manicures and pedicures!



*Gracie chose Neon Green. What a suiting color for her! ha ha!!






*We managed to only break 2 things in the nail salon.... Not bad!! :)


*Now we're ready to party!

We couldn't get all dolled up for nothing. Now, back to the party, a Minnie and Mickey party, for cake and ice cream!


*It's amazing how easy it can be to make a cake using those cake molds and icing tips! :)

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GIRL!!


Let's just hope she realizes her birthday is now OFFICIALLY over. Now... it's time for Cooper's birthday. This one should be a one or two deal thing! :)

7 comments:

Wes said...

That's awesome! Happy b'day, Gracie!!

ADC said...

How lovely. Gracie is verry lucky

Unknown said...

jeez she really could pass for royalty with all those festivities. lol she looks really cute with curly hair. The picture of her crying is so funny. That face is so Gracie.

Lauren

GoBigGreen said...

Oh how fun! I think i need to come to GA bc that is the only time i ever get mani-pedi's with my friend in Atlanta! I am glad you could be with us in Tucson on Gracie's bday:) But I am certain that she appreciated the ongoing fun when you got home! Send sun and warm to MN!

runningyankee said...

your kids are adorable! and holy cow you made that cake? wow. very lucky to have such a great mom! hope all is well in GA :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Cute photos! AND cake! Happy belated birthday!!

(It's the day before mine! I was born on Friday the 13th! Explains a lot...)

Mel said...

LOVE the Birthday photos...so cute...yeah both of my girls are into the American girl dolls...Luckily ;my Mom buys the dolls for them as too much $$$$ for me!!! looks like you are keeping busy:) Gracie is getting so Big..Happy Birthday Gracie:))