? ??????????????Glacier Lake? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (1 Rating)??1162 Grabs Today. 2040 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Halloween Jack? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??297 Grabs Today. 1761 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Co BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, January 11, 2009

"The Runner"

Adam and I decided to get back into church this year. For many reasons, we've been away from church for awhile now, and for several reasons, we decided to see if we could find a place that we liked. I won't go into the details behind the whole religion thing. I know it's a touchy subject, and I appreciate that we all have our own thoughts and opinions behind the topic. But, I did come across something today that I thought could apply to all of us, and has a special "athletic" tone to it! :)

So... the minister at this particular church that we've gone to the past couple of weeks titled his sermon this morning, "The Runner." Of course, that caught my eye! :) He included a poem that he had written that basically summed up his lecture this morning in the bulletin, and I thought I'd share it to you all. It kind of goes with the new year theme, so hopefully you will enjoy it like I did!

The Runner

As a runner in a steeplechase,
Once collided with a wall,
So runners for God's Kingdom's crown,
May, too, before some barrier fall.

Yet neither injury nor a broken stride,
Need cause the runner's race to end,
The runner must rise and shake it off,
Then regain his stride again.

So to with us who run for Christ,
In God's Kingdom's race of life,
When setbacks come to break our stride,
We are to rise above the strife.

'Tis not the spirit of fear and doubt,
That God has infused into our soul,
But the very Spirit of Christ himself,
That keeps us running towards his goal.

C.R. Hill, Jr.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks so much for posting the poem Kellye! I really like it. How true - God did NOT infuse our spirits w/doubt and fear - He gave us and made us so much more.

Have a great day!

Kevin said...

That is an awesome poem

kerri said...

Loved it!! Trying to do the same thing with church. Just trying to find the right one. Thanks for sharing. Stick that one to the fridge!

BreeWee said...

NICE poem Kelley! LOVE it...
Hope you find a bunch of good Sundays at church this year. If you ever get to Costa Rica there is the most fun church in the UNIVERSE, it is a blast and totally crazy for God and loving on people... one day when I live there (still hoping it happens) you have to come visit me!